Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD PSF Control Support Still Awaiting The Mainline Linux Kernel

Phoronix: AMD PSF Control Support Still Awaiting The Mainline Linux Kernel

It's been three months since AMD published a security whitepaper outlining the possibility of a side channel attack with PSF. The Predictive Store Forwarding functionality is new to AMD Zen 3 (Ryzen 5000 / EPYC 7003 series) processors and as part of their security analysis they are allowing users the ability to opt-out of using this feature in the name of greater security but the feature still hasn't been picked up for the mainline Linux kernel...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-Still-Waiting

I wanted upgrade from 1600X to 5xxx series, but I think I will skip this iteration. I want to buy unbroken CPU.

Comment

I don't trust the security of AMD products, it still have proprietary software, proprietary microcode, binary blobs, Systems Management Mode (SMM), and AMD Platform Security Processor (PSP). Like Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) it cannot be trusted. We need more transparency and open source.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I don't trust the security of AMD products, it still have proprietary software, proprietary microcode, binary blobs, Systems Management Mode (SMM), and AMD Platform Security Processor (PSP). Like Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) it cannot be trusted. We need more transparency and open source.
        You forgot about the motherboard firmware, and the firmware of every chip on every product you use.
        The PSP/ME are big ones, but still.

The only viable solution for you as of now is Talos (which even comes with source code and schematics for you to print the motherboard yourself if you desire)...

Comment

Working...
        X