AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution Source Code Coming Next Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    Yeah i get your point but what i am getting at is that VkBasalt is already able to use pretty invasive Reshade shaders and sharpening filters including CAS and at least for me they don't destroy the image hence i suspect there must be some layers magic behind it to get all that information(or some).
    "It depends": the z-buffer, for example, may be reachable by the Basalt shaders, which would let them cope in that example.
    (On a related note: oiaohm it's not uncommon to not write to the z buffer for particle effects: it can save a lot of bandwidth, and you often don't really care if occlusion is correct or not for them. They're also nearly always drawn last (because you have to worry about blending and render order, IF you care about doing things properly **) so at that point you don't really gain anything by updating the z-buffer anyway).
    ** Often you don't, because it doesn't really matter: very small moving objects pretty much get a free pass from the brain as far as that sort of thing goes.

> In my case i use a very heavily modded skyrim SE with latest ENB (RADV+Wine-TKG)

Does that mean SKSE works adequately in WINE now?

Comment

Originally posted by arQon View Post

"It depends": the z-buffer, for example, may be reachable by the Basalt shaders, which would let them cope in that example.
      (On a related note: oiaohm it's not uncommon to not write to the z buffer for particle effects: it can save a lot of bandwidth, and you often don't really care if occlusion is correct or not for them. They're also nearly always drawn last (because you have to worry about blending and render order, IF you care about doing things properly **) so at that point you don't really gain anything by updating the z-buffer anyway).
      ** Often you don't, because it doesn't really matter: very small moving objects pretty much get a free pass from the brain as far as that sort of thing goes.

> In my case i use a very heavily modded skyrim SE with latest ENB (RADV+Wine-TKG)

Does that mean SKSE works adequately in WINE now?
      Yes but you need a more recent build of 2.0.19 than the one on the page since that one has a trampoline bug (https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/win...st/540580.html) but for the life of me i cannot find the link (tho maybe it work with latest wine and the official release now, haven't tested)

Also note that racemenu skee.ini have errors on the overlay section you have fix manually or you are stuck with 3 texture max

ENB .454 works great and have a wine specific dll for best perf

My system is quite bleeding edge tho and im using wine and kernel from https://aur.chaotic.cx/ in ArchLinux with latest mesa-git stack

archlinux 5.12.12-169-tkg-muqss
      Wine TkG (staging) 6.11

But so far everything works, latest MO2, FNIS, LOOT, Bodyslide, ENB, SKSE, Wrye, .NET mods, etc. but i haven't tested Java dependant mods like dynLOD

if you need the skse build and skee.ini i could upload it somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
        Yes but you need a more recent build of 2.0.19 than the one on the page since (snip)
        Thanks. I'm planning on (yet another) playthrough sometime "soon", so I'll see if I can hammer WINE etc into shape for it. I'd REALLY like to be able to get rid of my W10 partition, and as usual, games (and Bethesda's are especially problematic, since they're usually staggeringly problematic even on Windows :P) are the one piece that consistently blocks that. Wish me luck!

Comment

Working...
        X