AMD Sends Out Linux Support Patches For "Yellow Carp" GPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

I don't think we'll see anything low end for sale until TSMC is able to supply AMD more silicon. Maybe Q4?
    probably...

Comment

"Yellow Carp" is assumed to be Rembrant, the 6000 Series Ryzen APU [featuring Zen 3+ cores and a RDNA2 iGPU]...

https://www.coelacanth-dream.com/pos...-linux-kernel/

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryze...infinity-cache

Comment

My dreams of owning a card that supports SR-IOV died with the Radeon VII.

If Yellow Carp is really Rembrant then I'm very confused. I have been looking forward to APU+Navi+DDR5 for many many years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
          My dreams of owning a card that supports SR-IOV died with the Radeon VII.

If Yellow Carp is really Rembrant then I'm very confused. I have been looking forward to APU+Navi+DDR5 for many many years.
          That's exactly what Rembrandt is purported to be [per the videocardz.com link]. Why the confusion?

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium

can you tell what issue? its really rare that you call someone "bastards" it really makes me interested in the "issue"
            Some website blatantly copying an entire Phoronix article and posting it as their own.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

AMD already produce low end Desktop cards in 6nm TSMC...
              Uhh, no they don't.

If you have some source that says they are planning to do that in the future, then that's cool. Sounds like you're just making stuff up as usual, though.

I was thinking they may not bother porting over RDNA 2 to 6nm (it will require work to do so) but it's certainly a possibility. Especially if they're creating a 6nm Zen3+ APU chip with RDNA2 on it like it's rumored.

Comment

so what is your problem go on google news type in AMD 6nm and read...
                An APU is not a desktop card. And I see nothing about these already being produced - just future plans to do so.

Which is exactly what I said, and very much not what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by edge-case View Post

That's exactly what Rembrandt is purported to be [per the videocardz.com link]. Why the confusion?
                  I am not aware of any APUs that had workstation features. Wondering why Rembrant would have SR-IOV. Assuming the committed code was only for use in on this specific GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post

I am not aware of any APUs that had workstation features. Wondering why Rembrant would have SR-IOV. Assuming the committed code was only for use in on this specific GPU.
                    Understood. THanks for clarifying; I'd conflated your confusion with the APU specs, not the SR-IOV comment in Michael's article.

My take was that since Michael's [apparently incorrect] assumption was that Yellow Carp was a discrete GPU - when in fact it's an APU [and almost certainly Rembrant] - then his reference to SR-IOV for this specific APU/GPU was also erroneous, and I had moved past it...

There are two Workstation RDNA2 [Navi 21] cards being announced/launched next week [6/8]*, but who knows if the support for these cards is already in 5.12 kernel or they require the amdgpu-pro driver [in which case the 5.14 commits could be for SR-IOV support for one/both of these cards [and/or Alderbaran, or something else].]

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-rade...th-32gb-memory
                    Last edited by edge-case; 04 June 2021, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X