Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
    My dream is that one day wine will advance enough to run BIAB,
    I'm still waiting for Wine to run my Seiko label maker application from a decade ago. Seems like the focus is on Games these days, and real applications are unimportant.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
      I'm still waiting for Wine to run my Seiko label maker application from a decade ago. Seems like the focus is on Games these days, and real applications are unimportant.
      either that, or your software does wierd stuff such as talking to its own windows driver, depending on certain bugs to function and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        passing back a GPU from a virtual machine to the host. Up until now the AMDGPU kernel driver hasn't cooperated nicely with the Radeon GPU for hot unplug events...
        Very Exciting! Maybe I'll revisit my attempts to get a RX 550 pass through working on a laptop.
        Last edited by WorBlux; 26 May 2021, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
          Oh wow, it would be awesome if I could bind and unbind my AMD GPU to/from vfio and AMDGPU. I've always had to have my second GPU sit idle most of the time because I use it for my full passthrough Windows 10 VM, which I rarely use. The original plan was to primarily use the VM to run Band in the Box, but since BIAB can't be integrated with my Linux pro audio system I've found it to be mostly useless. So now I mainly boot up the Windows VM simply to make sure it doesn't get too out of date.

My dream is that one day wine will advance enough to run BIAB, but after so many years that dream is fading. However it can't solely be blamed on wine, as BIAB is a messy combination of very old code with new code tacked on. The whole thing needs to be rewritten from scratch but I doubt PG Music will ever do that. They also seem to be actively opposed to Linux for some reason, so I just stopped paying for updates in 2019 and moved on as best I could.
          It should work, give it a try, any issues you observe please report to this ticket - https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/1081

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            Amazing! Hopefully this means that if my card suddenly shuts off due to a slight input voltage instability it will come back up without reboot (even though my motherboard doesn't support hot-plugging but apparently rebooting manages to get the card back on).
            We did this kind of tests and it worked. For now you can play with fake card extraction using sysfs PCI remove interface. Please report any issues you see to https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/1081

Comment

Working...
            X