• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ypcx
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    That's a joke and you know it :P
    why? works here.. I don't know of any other way how to watch movies in Compiz, up to 720p.
    In certain scenes, when the whole scene moves horizontally, there is a tiny redraw-alignment issue due to the V-sync-to-blank not being utilized, but that's not a problem specific to the video playback, or even compoziting.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by ypcx View Post
    mplayer video playback in compiz: try options vo=x11
    That's a joke and you know it :P

now a question about 9.3 / 9.5: guys do you get anti-aliasing in redirected OpenGL app windows under Compiz? I don't..
    Me neither.

Leave a comment:

• ypcx
    replied
    for people with "freeze on X startup" problem: in kernel config, disable "Processor Type and Features -> MTRR -> x86 PAT support"

mplayer video playback in compiz: try options vo=x11, zoom=yes + patch from bugs.gentoo.org/258657

---

now a question about 9.3 / 9.5: guys do you get anti-aliasing in redirected OpenGL app windows under Compiz? I don't..

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Are you sure that 9.5 really got installed ?

AFAIK the restricted driver included with 9.04 did not provide support for flicker-free OpenGL under a compositor, maybe you're still running some pieces of that driver ?

Leave a comment:

• LostinSpacetime
    replied
    Originally posted by h3xis View Post
    Same with me. I'm running compiz on Debian Squeeze with kernel 2.6.28.7 and I see no noticeable difference. glxgears still stays in place when I drag the window.
    Same here with Ubuntu 9.04. GL windows flicker and dont keep up when moving the window. Using Catalyst 9.5 and HD 3200 card.

Leave a comment:

• nightalon
    replied
    I thought since the ATI 9.3 installer had the option for Jaunty, and since the packages built and installed properly, that the driver would work.

First I got an unaccelerated desktop because I forgot to run aticonfig --initial after installing the packages with dpkg.

Then after reboot, I got an error saying that the fglrx.so driver didn't support my device.

I have an ATI Radeon Mobility X1400 and ATI/AMD recommend the 9.3 driver for my model since it does composite 3D and is the last proprietary driver for my model since my model belongs to the R300 series. (rather problematic...I wish I could use 9.4 and an X2300 as is found on the refresh of my laptop, although I think that GPU is slower)

I guess this explains why Ubuntu hasn't released 9.3 (8.53X whereas 9.4 is 8.600) through its restricted drivers manager.

Leave a comment:

• baqtor
    replied
    Thanks man, FGLRX 9.3 doesnt support XORG 1.6 (the one on jaunty) and 9.4 doesnt support my card, so, as I want any 3d support (world of goo, Google earth, Half-life) Im going back to Ubuntu Hardy or Intrepid, or to Fedora 10.
    The Open Source drivers are quite impressive for being open source. I gotta say, ATI sucks.

Leave a comment:

• cruiseoveride
    replied
    ATi drivers suck man, just get used to it. Window or Linux they're just absolute bullshit.

On a card like yours you should get decent support with the open source driver. Otherwise just learn from your mistake and avoid ATi hardware.

Leave a comment:

• dcarpenter85
    replied
    Over a month and no one has any idea why composited opengl is not working on some hardware? Im using a 9800XT and this driver is complete gargage. No compositing, opengl apps crash upon opening, poor video playback.. a working driver as the last supported release for legacy hardware would have been great.

Leave a comment:

• baqtor
    replied
    Are these compatible with Jaunty? I have an ATI Xpress X1270 on my laptop, and when I try to install, I get this message:

==================================================
    ATI Technologies Linux Driver Installer/Packager
    ==================================================

Error: ./default_policy.sh does not support version
    default:v2:i686:lib::none:2.6.28-11-generic; make sure that the version is being
    correctly set by --iscurrentdistro

Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.hThgGR
    Right now im using de Open Source drivers, and they are excelent, but when it comes to 3D games or Google Earth, well it sucks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X