Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baryluk
    replied
    Nice. Hopefully this will be ported to amdvlk soon.

Also, would be interesting to see some performance comparison between Windows and Linux on RX 6000, including raytracing.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    in certain fields AMD's first Ray tracing implementation is better than Nvidias second. I was not expecting this in the first generation. Great!

Leave a comment:

• plasticbomb1986
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Yeah, it's easier to design new GPU architectures than to come up with new numbers
    It seems, there were more change under the hood, in the fresh package opencl parts some gpus with some applications having problems. Like they cant start up... cl error -9 -13...

E:\Other_Misc\teamredminer-v0.8.1-win>teamredminer2.exe -a ethash --enable_compute --eth_config=B612 Team Red Miner version 0.8.1.1 [2021-04-20 15:03:24] Pool us1.ethermine.org: Ethermine ethash au...

Could the guys at the documentation department sometimes check out what else have changed, and add those to the list too?

Leave a comment:

• dpospisil
    replied
    Finally, Cycles is working with this driver on RX6800 as it should have from the beginning. Zero crashes after 2h of testing. Huge improvement there!

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Only 148 days late.

Originally posted by phoronix
    Hopefully soon AMD will at least work on posting the ray-tracing support for the open-source AMDVLK Vulkan driver but so far I haven't received confirmation on when they plan on enabling AMDVLK support for Vulkan RT.
    As far as I know, AMD has never even committed to EVER releasing support in AMDVLK.

Leave a comment:

• Schugy
    replied
    I use only open source drivers on my 3500U APU. Maybe it's fast enough for something like 320x240 pixels.

Leave a comment:

• ix900
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    as long as they are not part of any open source driver, I couldn't care less.
    No one cares that you won't use closed source

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    About time, they have been sitting on it long enough, hopefully the implementation is better than the windows counterpart, but I guess even bad is better than nothing

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by obri View Post
    I think Nvidia users had this on launch day, or am I wrong
    Kind of, but NVIDIA users on Linux had no applications that used the ray-tracing hardware for months.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Yeah, it's easier to design new GPU architectures than to come up with new numbers
    Then why not let's be honest and sell the next card as Radeon RDNA III?

By the end of 2050 your cards will be called Radeon RX 70000000...

Just kidding...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X