X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tormod
    replied
    Originally posted by sergus View Post
    tormod, thank you for the response. I will certainly file a bug report. The reason I posted here is that the problem might not necessary be related to Ubuntu only and the Phoronix forum has a very wide auditory, including the developers of OS ATI driver.
    No problem. It is just that Jaunty is now in beta freeze, and any regression like this should get on the radar as soon as possible. And we would like to see your logs etc. If it seems to not be Ubuntu specific we will for sure bug the developers

Leave a comment:

• sergus
    replied
    Originally posted by tormod View Post
    Please file a bug report (the forum is not a bug tracker). The easiest way is to run "apport-cli -f -p xserver-xorg-video-ati" which will also attach the needed information to the report.
    tormod, thank you for the response. I will certainly file a bug report. The reason I posted here is that the problem might not necessary be related to Ubuntu only and the Phoronix forum has a very wide auditory, including the developers of OS ATI driver.

Leave a comment:

• tormod
    replied
    Originally posted by sergus View Post
    Hello All,
    My Xpress 200M is almost dead after I upgraded the system to Ubuntu 9.04.

I had above 1100 FPS in 8.10. I deleted the old xorg.conf - did not help. Then did dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg - no improvements.
    I do not see errors in Xorg.log. Everything is working (compiz, some games) but very slow.
    I believe that something is wrong with the card detection:
    Please file a bug report (the forum is not a bug tracker). The easiest way is to run "apport-cli -f -p xserver-xorg-video-ati" which will also attach the needed information to the report.

Leave a comment:

• sergus
    replied
    Xpress 200M is almost dead

Hello All,
    My Xpress 200M is almost dead after I upgraded the system to Ubuntu 9.04.
    sk@24shw3h:~$ glxgears
    1256 frames in 5.0 seconds = 251.181 FPS
    1224 frames in 5.0 seconds = 244.754 FPS
    1673 frames in 5.0 seconds = 334.345 FPS
    1610 frames in 5.0 seconds = 321.985 FPS
    XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0" after 27001 requests (25548 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
    I had above 1100 FPS in 8.10. I deleted the old xorg.conf - did not help. Then did dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg - no improvements.
    I do not see errors in Xorg.log. Everything is working (compiz, some games) but very slow.
    I believe that something is wrong with the card detection:

radeontool --debug
    [sudo] password for sk:
    Found card 1002:5955 (30000)
    (unknown card)
    Radeon found. Base control address is b80b2000; base framebuffer address is a7f2d000.

Leave a comment:

• lordmozilla
    replied
    AGP version 3.5 is only publicly mentioned by Microsoft under Universal Accelerated Graphics Port (UAGP), which specifies mandatory supports of extra registers once marked optional under AGP 3.0. Upgraded registers include PCISTS, CAPPTR, NCAPID, AGPSTAT, AGPCMD, NISTAT, NICMD. New required registers include APBASELO, APBASEHI, AGPCTRL, APSIZE, NEPG, GARTLO, GARTHI.
    straight from wikipedia

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Yes Tormod, my card (9250) works with 8x by default and after 6.8 release, i don't have any problem.
    Code:
    [   54.612510] agpgart: Found an AGP 3.5 compliant device at 0000:00:00.0.
    [   54.613322] agpgart: Putting AGP V3 device at 0000:00:00.0 into 8x mode
    [   54.614004] agpgart: Putting AGP V3 device at 0000:01:00.0 into 8x mode
    [   54.984980] [drm] Setting GART location based on new memory map
    [   54.984997] [drm] Loading R200 Microcode
    Do you know what that AGP 3.5 means, i rarely seen this in other people dmesgs?
    Last edited by dungeon; 22 March 2009, 08:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tormod
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    @Melcar

fglrx used 8x, radeon used 1x. At least the versions I tested - ok a few years ago.
    AGP v3 cards run at 8x or 4x, and AGP v2 cards at 4x, 2x or 1x.

Leave a comment:

• suokko
    replied
    Code:
        Option "EnablePageFlip" "on"
        Option "ColorTiling" "on"
        Option "MigrationHeuristic" "smart"
        Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"
        Option "DynamicClocks" "on"
    These settings are the settings that I think is the best for r200 and r500 mobility cards. MigrationHeuristics makes scrolling firefox smooth in my r200 card. IT also makes 2D wine apps run a lot smoother. In r500 it has only visible gains with wine apps.

Page flip and color tiling should give maximum 3D performace. They should be enabled by default but were not in earlier version so I have them still in my configuration.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Feel free to add your experience and mark here, what do you need to turn off, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Guys, do you have the Bloom option enabled? Is it on by default by the PTS?

It certainly is off by default, and it's the only option in OA that can make it unplayable on the open drivers. It drops fps to 1-2, because it hits a sw path, this is a known bug, and a fix is said to need a proper memory manager.
    Ie, more time before we can see some cool lighting effects..

Yes, it is the bloom effect (don't know if PTS has it on, but turning it off in a normal OA game makes it playable). Most games I have tried are playable at medium to low settings even at 1680x1050 as long as you don't use any fancy post processing effects (AA, AF, etc.) or lighting effects.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X