Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Releases Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 21.Q1 for Linux

Phoronix: AMD Releases Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 21.Q1 for Linux

AMD today released their Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 21.Q1 driver packages for Windows and Linux systems...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...terprise-21.Q1

I have read reports that the Radeon Pro driver on Linux leaves something to be desired. Anyone here have any experience running a Radeon Pro WX4100 or WX3100 with the current driver that can speak to stability/compatibility?

Comment

I'll offer one caution / PSA - this driver is based on the 20.45 release, which does *not* include support for the 5.8 kernel.

Canonical has been pushing HWE kernel upgrades out even to 20.04.1 users, so even if you are running 20.04.1 there is a risk that the DKMS kernel portion will not install.

If you are running 20.04.2 then recommend that you *not* try to install this release, and if you are running 20.04.1 then please check the kernel version before installing.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        this closed source driver generate bad press for like 20 years now how bad can it be to switch to the opensource driver?
        With respect, I don't understand your post at all. The issue I'm talking about is in the (entirely open source) kernel driver.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

With respect, I don't understand your post at all. The issue I'm talking about is in the (entirely open source) kernel driver.
          With respect, he also writes things like "the covid-19 was not a virus it as G5 microwave as a weapon and satellite microwave weapons who hited china because they rejected FED Fiat money."
          -- https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...72#post1172772

Comment

Do i misunderstanding something or its a "typo"?
            Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 21.Q1 release brings improvements to their driver's GUI

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
              With respect, he also writes things like "the covid-19 was not a virus it as G5 microwave as a weapon and satellite microwave weapons who hited china because they rejected FED Fiat money."
              If you think about it, it's not surprising these forums get a few like him. Ask yourself this: if you're a paranoid conspiracy theory nut, which OS would you run?

The best thing to do is flag such posts, since arguing with him just gives him a platform to spread yet more ridiculous disinformation.

Comment

Originally posted by plasticbomb1986 View Post
                Do i misunderstanding something or its a "typo"?
                Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 21.Q1 release brings improvements to their driver's GUI
                Yes, but as the article mentions the GUI is Windows-only.

Comment

Working...
                X