Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDVLK 2021.Q1.6 Released With Radeon RX 6700 XT Support

Phoronix: AMDVLK 2021.Q1.6 Released With Radeon RX 6700 XT Support

Following yesterday's release of the Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics card and the updated Radeon Software for Linux 20.50 driver, AMD has now released AMDVLK 2021.Q1.6 as their updated open-source Vulkan driver with Navi 22 / RX 6700 XT support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No trace of rays....

Comment

You mean that feature that turns 4K60 into 1080p60 on $1200 GPUs? Yeah, I'm not in any real hurry for that one.

Comment

once AMD launches FSR (FidelityFX Super Resolution - their response to DLSS) on windows, people will want both raytracing and FSR.

while i'm not a fan of nvidia's attitude towards linux in general, they at least support DLSS on it.

Comment

Originally posted by unic0rn View Post
          while i'm not a fan of nvidia's attitude towards linux in general, they at least support DLSS on it.
          It can't be used in any game in Wine, thanks to Nvidia's attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by unic0rn View Post
            once AMD launches FSR (FidelityFX Super Resolution - their response to DLSS) on windows, people will want both raytracing and FSR.

I wouldn't count on AMD providing that to the open source drivers. Sounds like the kind of thing they'll want to keep proprietary, to me.

Hope I'm wrong about that.

Comment

Working...
            X