• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fafreeman View Post
    in linux, type:
    Code:
    AMD_DEBUG=info glxinfo | grep vram
    if vram_vis_size is equal to your vram_size then sam is enabled and working.
    Originally posted by Quackdoc
    interesting, run dmesg | grep -i bar. it should work on linux with a 580 if you have aboce 4g decoding enabled, and CSM disabled.
    Are you (both) sure that's the case? The reason why I'm asking is because I do have "Above 4G Decoding" explicitly disabled in UEFI (by default), I did not enabled it, yet my output for those commands is:
    Code:
    vram_size = 4096 MB
    vram_vis_size = 4096 MB
    [drm] Detected VRAM RAM=4096M, BAR=4096M
    Could be because it is an APU actually, so, somehow, it's not related to the PCIe settings (even tho. APU does use PCIe lanes).

Comment

Originally posted by fafreeman View Post
      its any system that has functional smart access memory. i have it working with my intel 10850k + msi z490 unify and amd 6900 xt. nvidia is adding support for their gpu's too.

this is mine: https://i.imgur.com/cDTqYkJ.jpg
      if you have "large memory range" then its enabled and working.

in linux, type:
      Code:
      AMD_DEBUG=info glxinfo | grep vram
      if vram_vis_size is equal to your vram_size then sam is enabled and working.
      Code:
      AMD_DEBUG=info glxinfo |grep vram
         vram_size = 2048 MB
         vram_vis_size = 2048 MB
         vram_type = 0
         vram_bit_width = 128
         has_dedicated_vram = 0
      A8-7600

Comment

Originally posted by clintar View Post
        So what are the requirements for this? Also, how would I combine this with RADV_PERFTEST=aco ?
        Take a look at '<mesa_source>/docs/envvars.rst', around line 622 - "a comma-separated list of named flags, which do various things:". In your case (if you still don't trust Mesa devs and are hell-bent on using 'aco' flag) it should be 'env RADV_PERFTEST=aco,sam </some/thing>'.
        Last edited by slowee; 02 March 2021, 06:26 PM. Reason: RADV_DEBUG is obviously the wrong one, it should be RADV_PERFTEST

Comment

Originally posted by slowee View Post

Take a look at '<mesa_source>/docs/envvars.rst', around line 622 - "a comma-separated list of named flags, which do various things:". In your case (if you still don't trust Mesa devs and are hell-bent on using 'aco' flag) it should be 'env RADV_PERFTEST=aco,sam </some/thing>'.
          to add to that, "DXVK_HUD=fps,api,version,devinfo,drawcalls,memory , gpuload" is enough to verify that aco is enabled by default.

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post

Are you (both) sure that's the case? The reason why I'm asking is because I do have "Above 4G Decoding" explicitly disabled in UEFI (by default), I did not enabled it, yet my output for those commands is:
            Code:
            vram_size = 4096 MB
            vram_vis_size = 4096 MB
            [drm] Detected VRAM RAM=4096M, BAR=4096M
            Could be because it is an APU actually, so, somehow, it's not related to the PCIe settings (even tho. APU does use PCIe lanes).
            the APU will have full access, as the APU uses your system ram. Above 4g decoding is only needed to increase access to memory from devices over pcie

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

The AMD SAM page says 5000 series CPU and 6000 series GPU on a B550 or X570 motherboard. I have a Gigabyte DS3H B550 and I'm able to turn all the BIOS settings on with my 4650g APU and RX 580 hooked up. As expected, it didn't work for either of them. By that I mean that both still showed multiple memory addresses in the Windows Device Manager so I'm assuming that means it isn't working.
              On windows its only 5000 series with 500series motherboard and 6000 series gpu. plus what the other two manufacturer will make work.

On linux, its everything with everything (where the capability is there). Theres a thread with tests under one of the articles of Michael, you can check it.

Comment

Originally posted by plasticbomb1986 View Post

On windows its only 5000 series with 500series motherboard and 6000 series gpu. plus what the other two manufacturer will make work.

On linux, its everything with everything (where the capability is there). Theres a thread with tests under one of the articles of Michael, you can check it.
                technically you can enable SAM, or Bar resizing (if the mothetboard supports it) on any gpu that supports bar resizing and it WILL resize the bar. but drivers can get screwy and break many things.

Comment

Working...
                X