Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The State Of ROCm For HPC In Early 2021 With CUDA Porting Via HIP, Rewriting With OpenMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In this case I have to go with vegabook's explanation.

If we could have cut the FP64 performance down to 1/16th before launch I suspect we would have done so.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with Q in terms of what we could or should have done, but it's not what we did.
    Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      In this case I have to go with vegabook's explanation.
      If we could have cut the FP64 performance down to 1/16th before launch I suspect we would have done so.
      I'm not necessarily disagreeing with Q in terms of what we could or should have done, but it's not what we did.
      did you play cyberpunkt 2077 ? for me it is not a game instead it is documentary about real life

super rich and mega corporations making snuff movies by killing children for profit shit hits the fan.

digital nobility like facebook/google steal all your digital wealth sell it to the spy agency and make money on it and NEVER give any penny back to the people who are hocked up to the system make their real world a digital fantasy land

big corporations like twitter / facebook who silence some conspirancy theorist and kidnap him as soon something of the bullshit he talks turns out to be true.

political special interests who paint anyone as cyberpsychosis maniac who need neohaldolperidol pharma drug shit turns out hitman instead of killing you use CRISPR gen editing to manipulate your nicotine receptor in the brain to turn you into a schitzophrenic... cyberpunkt turns the table you learn how to give cyberpsychosis to your enemies so they do suicide run and kill themself.

in my point of view Cyberpunk 2077 is not a game it is a real life documentation ...

but people wish it is just a game...

"I'm not necessarily disagreeing with Q in terms of what we could or should have done, but it's not what we did"

thats exactly the same what people say about "2017 Q anon" stuff some people still hope its not true.

best part is they claim my name Qaridarium is only because of Q anon of 2017 but then they check my joining date 2008 .. FUCK.

world goes crazy.
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
        did you play cyberpunkt 2077 ? for me it is not a game instead it is documentary about real life
        I am still trying to find time to finish Duke Nukem Forever, but I grew up reading books like = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Space_Merchants along with all the usual sci-fi, and was around at the right time to follow William Gibson's stories as his writing evolved.
        Last edited by bridgman; 24 February 2021, 10:30 PM.
        Test signature

Comment

I am still trying to find time to finish Duke Nukem Forever, but I grew up reading books like = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Space_Merchants along with all the usual sci-fi, and was around at the right time to follow William Gibson's stories as his writing evolved.
          i did not play it... have no money for the 50€ game...
          i watched lets play on youtube. https://youtu.be/f6aUbvtJhRk?list=PL...Lz2lAZQD9qLWlG

do you still only have 56K analog modem internet? you really should try the TESLA satalite internet you get like 100MBPS with good ping you could even play counter strike from the good ping.

i am real fan of classic science fiction... like Perry Rhodan https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Rhodan has some as children.

but you really should watch cyberpunk 2077 lets play it is really like a very long good hollywood movie

graphics is very good.

i watch into the marching morons i am sure i like stuff like that

Comment

i read the wikipedia page and yes looks like he nailed life in 2020... in germany people use electric bicycle and even food delivery companies used electric bicycle and then winter starts and they where doomed

in summer time electric bicycle sounds great and with good weather is is cool but as soon as its stain raining it sucks and as soon winter hits it turns into complete pain...

this is complete insanity of modern times... and this The_Marching_Morons really nailed it in 1953 LOL---

thats very funny.-.. in german its the green party who wants bullshit like this and i really hate this people.

Comment

• Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

• Wow, the ROCm related posts gather a crowd now, don't they!

First, liked the article, watched the fosdem presentation, that was good stuff. Now, on to the fun stuff, i.e. ROCm and how they really dropped the ball regarding gaining any prosumer mindshare.

I've got a yearly budget of $10000 for equipment, at my work, no questions asked, and over the years I've sent quite a bit of that over to AMD (Ryzen & Threadrippers rock, thanks for that). 2021, I decide to test out ROCm (Tensorflow, pytorch). My results:
                1. Radeon rx480 / rx580 support was withdrawn. Even when it was supported, it was buggy.
                2. Radeon Vega64: Pytorch was bugged, spent 3 months on a github issue waiting until it was resolved.
                3. Radeon VII: The only one that worked.
                So, for most of 2021 the only setup that worked was a card EOL'd in 2019. This is ..not how you gain mindshare.

Anyway! This year's budget then:
                1. one W6800 pro
                2. one RTX A5000
                Look what you did AMD, you made me give money to the leather jacket man after a decade or so. Sorry, I just could not afford having a card not working (or randomly stop working) due to poor software support. You're leaving money and growth opportunities on the table. Here's hoping you'll improve.

Comment

Working...
                X