Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RADV+ACO Look To Your Help For Improving The Vulkan Driver & Linux Gaming Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO filing a new bug is better than piling on to an existing one, unless you're quite sure it's the exact same issue on similar hardware. Marking bugs as duplicates is much easier than trying to detangle a coherent story from a bug report that has turned into a dumping ground for comments along the lines of "/metoo has this sort of similar bug, but on this totally different hardware".

Comment

Q: Will you actually look at the bug reports, for realz?

A: Yes! We look at all RADV and ACO bug reports as they come in, even if we can't fix them immediately.
      This is the most important thing, it wasn't always that way a few years ago.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by bisby View Post
        My biggest hesitation in reporting bugs sometimes is that I dont want to report a duplicate bug and I assume someone smarter with better logs already reported it. Path of Exile for instance. It ran smooth for a while, then they changed something and it's a stuttery mess again (tbh, its pretty awful in windows right now too). I feel like theres no way the Mesa team doesn't know about this, it's a pretty big game. But maybe I'm wrong. I should be better about these things.
        Path of Exile is quite volatile, and demanding, so I would blame Mesa last... And yeah, they change stuff around a lot recently. However after the very latest changes again it's super smooth for me on Linux, RADV, Steam, Proton Experimental (important, Experimental!)

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post

Path of Exile is quite volatile, and demanding, so I would blame Mesa last... And yeah, they change stuff around a lot recently. However after the very latest changes again it's super smooth for me on Linux, RADV, Steam, Proton Experimental (important, Experimental!)
          For me it's running pretty well. except the part where it freezes while loading textures instead of loading them async. Drops to 1 fps and usually clears up after Im already dead. (Using radv, steam, proton-ge-6.1, on a 6900xt)

Comment

For some reason I have major performance tanks in KCD and GTA5 games, and some others. The performance issues are odd where if you look in a certain direction the fps will halve, load the same area under windows and its perfect... quite bizarre, this is rdna2 card mind you.

Comment

Thanks for all of the great work, RADV devs! I've used it to play Warhammer 2 native port, and Skyrim through DXVK. Haven't faced any big problems so far.

​​​​​​I was wondering, how do you test compiled Mesa libraries without replacing the system libraries? I don't want to install an unstable Mesa and use that for my window manager, browser etc. but I'd like to be able to compile an in-development version and easily test some application on top of it.​​​​​

Comment

An article not written by Michael?

What a glory! After 5 years o-o

Comment

Mad Max on Vega56 became very slow near or inside buildings. )

Comment

Originally posted by bofh80
                    Does anyone have good write ups for configuring the AMD graphics stack on Ubuntu / Fedora. All the way from KMS / X/Wayland to Vulkan, and the tools required to check it's all running correctly and being used by the games?
                    It should work out of the box without the need for any special configuration.

Comment

One thing i'm always hesitant to report are non-reproducible crashes (for example i still get the occasional system-freeze, but i'm still unsure if thats the last bit of RAM-OC-instability, a faulty GPU-Hardware or indeed a driver-induced GPU-Hang). Would something like that be a potential useful report, even with just the journalctl from the last boot? (or are there better persistent logs for GPU related issues?)

Comment

Working...
                      X