Radeon Vulkan "RADV" Driver Saw Many Optimizations This Week For Mesa 21.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Vulkan "RADV" Driver Saw Many Optimizations This Week For Mesa 21.0

Phoronix: Radeon Vulkan "RADV" Driver Saw Many Optimizations This Week For Mesa 21.0

Prior to Mesa 21.0 being branched this week in preparations for the quarterly stable Mesa3D release, a number of open-source Radeon Vulkan "RADV" driver optimizations were merged...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...DV-For-Mesa-21

In my opinion Mesa is the pinnacle of multicorp. open source collaboration

Comment

Well, at least in the only game I benchmark on Linux regularly (Company of Heroes 2 via Proton), I saw a performance regression from 71 fps (somewhen in October 2020) to 64 fps (yesterday). Each time I optimize it with my custom Xanmod-Kernel, compile Mesa-git from sources with the same aggressive compiler flags etc.

Comment

ms178 How fast is amdvlk in comparison?

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
          Well, at least in the only game I benchmark on Linux regularly (Company of Heroes 2 via Proton), I saw a performance regression from 71 fps (somewhen in October 2020) to 64 fps (yesterday). Each time I optimize it with my custom Xanmod-Kernel, compile Mesa-git from sources with the same aggressive compiler flags etc.
          Please open a bug report against upstream mesa, write down how to reproduce this and we'll see if we can help.

Comment

Yes please do this ... I play coh2 using w.e mesa comes with Manjaro and I would like not to be affected by this bug.. ty

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
              In my opinion Mesa is the pinnacle of multicorp. open source collaboration
              how about linux kernel?

Comment

Seeing a lot of Navi and newer changes. What about the rest of us?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  how about linux kernel?
                  Yup I think linux kernel #1 and mesa is #2

Comment

pal666 hehe yes it was almost too obvious ..so I missed it. Indeed as written by cytomax55 it should be #2

Comment

Working...
                    X