X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I will be explicit.

144Hz and Alexmitter.
    And you really think that 2 trolls have any kind of influence over anything?
    Besides trolling, of course.
    But then again isn't it fun to tease them a little and watch them repeat the same stuff over and over like some trained monkeys?
    I mean, how hilarious is it when 144Hz emphasizes his posts with emojis?

Comment

I will be explicit.
      144Hz and Alexmitter.
      you missed me LOL ... as soon as i found out about CLA-WAR
      i dropped KDE and installed Gnome and Cinnamon Fedora 33 on all my systems.

and you should act to. if you love KDE and Qt simple solution: install gnome/Cinnamon as fast as possible and do not use KDE/QT anymore. by this action the Qt company will go bankrupt and this will free the code of QT after the bankruptcy you can use KDE/QT again and they will never again be able to perform CLA-WAR
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

you missed me LOL ... as soon as i found out about CLA-WAR
        i dropped KDE and installed Gnome and Cinnamon Fedora 33 on all my systems.

and you should act to. if you love KDE and Qt simple solution: install gnome/Cinnamon as fast as possible and do not use KDE/QT anymore. by this action the Qt company will go bankrupt and this will free the code of QT after the bankruptcy you can use KDE/QT again and they will never again be able to perform CLA-WAR
        You are not a troll because you aren't annoying (unlike the other two).

Comment

Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
          The matter of fact is, if you want a good cross platform toolkit than Qt is your only real hope (please dont mention GTK, its complete crap from a UI/native look PoV for anything outside of *nix). As stated else, Qt also provides an entire ecosystem (i.e. they basically have their own stdlib which comes with everything and the kitchen sink) because back in the days, C++ was horrible in this regard.
          GTK was made because of similar Qt license issues happened nearly three decades ago .

Comment

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post

And you really think that 2 trolls have any kind of influence over anything?
            Yes. They took over Phoronix and have fame now.
            Unlike the predecessors, they gather hundreds of likes per month, which shows how people get successfully baited by them.

They somehow managed to turn us into the trolls and them into the good people...

But then again isn't it fun to tease them a little and watch them repeat the same stuff over and over like some trained monkeys?
            It is a few times, but then it gets tiring and very annoying.

I mean, how hilarious is it when 144Hz emphasizes his posts with emojis?
            None. It's horrible. It sounds like making fun of something.

Comment

It's just a matter of time when Qt fork must done, Qt company has decided to close the ecosystem and codebase. Copperspice is one alternative way move forward but it's need foundation or other kind of entity until it can be trusted. Far I can understand about Copperspice is that they have business case or few why they started to fork at first place.

Comment

None. It's horrible. It sounds like making fun of something.
                He is, of course. The fun part is how silly is an adult doing that.
                I don't know how old he is, but anything above 12 is older than it should be.
                You should pay way less attention to them

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                  matsukan That’s the art of boiling a frog without killing it. Qt has done an excellent job of timing the bad news. It’s really impressive!

As far as I can see there’s no public discussions on how to actually do a fork. All you get is angry forum comments targeting guys like Alex rather than dealing with the Qt licensing problem.

So what happens next? Likely nothing. Then in half a year when the free version users are done dealing with bugs there might be a new 6.x version having new or restored features. Qt has every right to keep this commercial-only.
                  There is, is public, and you should join

The main idea is moving the community fork to gitlab, maybe using the kde infrastructure

Comment

144Hz Potayto, potahto.

A community supported maintenance branch on a different platform, with no cla, whose contributions won't go back to upstream Qt, and in competition with lts version by the QtCo

Comment

Here are a couple of radical, out-of-the-box ideas, which set aside all the belly-aching:
                      1) The KDE (and likewise other Open Source, Qt-using) devs could do a fundraiser campaign (or start a Patreon for this specific purpose) to buy licenses for all their devs. This would be meant to cover licensing purchases every time it's necessary. And this would continue for the foreseeable future. The KDE fanboys, fangirls, and fanpersons of the world will simply have to put money where their mouth is, to finance their passion project which is KDE (or other Qt-using OSS project).
                      2) KDE officially gets behind copperspice, and officially adopts them. It will likely be such a long and painful transition, that once complete, people will probably realize that just buying the Qt licenses in the first place will seem to be the less painful thing to have done, in retrospect. You know, time being worth money.

Comment

Working...
                      X