Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile...
    GTK 4: "Hey, someone wants to be my friend?"

More and more Electron Apps will appear, I guess... Then, Electron will be an operating system, and it will be called Chromium OS Electron OS.

Comment

Originally posted by royce View Post
      Flamewars in 3, 2, 1...
      0!

Quick! Fork it now before it shuts down!

This makes no sense, it will kill the Qt Company and the other traitors will reign over the world...

Comment

The problem is the size of the task and if is there an important distro to backup the coup d'etat...but as long as someone step up to the plate...FORK IT.

Qt deserves fate of OpenOffice, they are asking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

This makes no sense, it will kill the Qt Company and the other traitors will reign over the world...
          There already is one and has a name: https://www.copperspice.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Xorg View Post
            Meanwhile...
            GTK 4: "Hey, someone wants to be my friend?"
            Yes we do.
            Just that GTK(4) is a bad choice if you already have a Qt project running. Also let's wait how to $not_linux platform support is for v4.

Comment

I have a simple solution to These CLA wars of the KDE/QT criminals...

I Switched all my Computer+ Family Computer to Fedora 33 With Gnome and Cinnamon
              Problem fixed For me.

Just let the Qt people die because of CLA war
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                Those outside of The Qt Company that contribute to the Qt toolkit are also ticked off over this move.
                Too bad they said nothing back when the plans were announced. I've seen so many community developers saying that this move doesn't matter because FOSS devs and users use the latest anyway and don't care about LTS.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                  hey tildearrow you can do even better quick test Fedora33 cinnamon edition ;-)

cinnamon is the KDE replacement.
                  Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by stephen82 View Post

There already is one and has a name: https://www.copperspice.com/
                    Isn't that Qt 4?

Comment

Even as a Gnome user who uses almost exclusively GTK applications, this is a HUGE bummer for everyone. I just hope that the community can afford to maintain their own LTS branch with community-recreated fixes and security patches. Hopefully, said community fork is so good that it makes locking LTS releases pointless.

Comment

Working...
                      X