X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• benis
    replied
    Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post
    CoreCtrl seems like a good GUI for controlling clocks and things. Perhaps it can also stop my manual settings being reset when switching TTY.
    CoreCTRL is great! Best from what I have found so far :-)

Leave a comment:

• ResponseWriter
    replied
    CoreCtrl seems like a good GUI for controlling clocks and things. Perhaps it can also stop my manual settings being reset when switching TTY.

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Notable with this RDNA 2 OverDrive overclocking on Linux is now allowing underclocking (minimum) memory clock controls for these new graphics cards where prior GPUs with this OverDrive support only allowed adjusting the maximum memory clock.
    I hope this means undervolting support is also available since it's usually reported that undervolting can help a lot on AMD GPUs. Support has always been very limited on my Hawaii card.

Leave a comment:

• Namenlos
    replied
    Originally posted by piorunz View Post
    So what's this command line tool? What's the name of it?
    Everything is a file, sysfs. There is a guide with some links to third party tools on the Arch wiki, if you prefer not to search in the Documentation folder of the Kernel for information.

Leave a comment:

• piorunz
    replied
    So what's this command line tool? What's the name of it?

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Will be possible to overvolt and increase the TDP limit as well? Otherwise it will be almost useless...

Leave a comment:

• oiaohm
    replied
    Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
    Sad.

We have overclocking, but no control panel. The 1980s are calling.
    Really its not the 1980s. 1990s in windows 95/98 did we see GPU control panels but these did not have overclocking until into the 2000s.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/adriconf/

For your mesa based drivers you do have a control panel just not a overclocking control panel.

Early 2000s are calling not the 1980s if you are going by driver suite provided control panels.

https://github.com/BoukeHaarsma23/WattmanGTK There are third parties ones on Linux that do the overclocking controls. It would be nice if this functionality would end up in adriconf or mainlined into mesa.

Leave a comment:

• nranger
    replied
    Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
    Sad.

Well to be pedantic, Michael said no gui FROM AMD.

I've messed around with MSI Afterburner and AMD WattMan on Windows, and I far prefer Radeon-Profile on Linux.

Leave a comment:

• ezst036
    replied
    Sad.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by Namenlos View Post

If I had to choose one, I'd prefer the sysfs way tbh.
    Well, I wouldn't want to lose it because of scripting, but a GUI would be so awesome...

Leave a comment:

• Namenlos
    replied
    Granted, not the highest priority especially for Linux users where overclocking is predominantly done via writing to sysfs via the command-line given the lack of any nice overclocking GUI control panel from AMD.
    If I had to choose one, I'd prefer the sysfs way tbh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X