No announcement yet.

Radeon RX 6800 XT Seeing Some Slight Gains With Linux 5.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bridgman sorry for pinging you here (it's all right if you don't have time/don't care to look into it), but are you aware of any issues with the memory clock not going lower than 1000 MHz on Radeon 6000 cards? That's not great for power consumption.

And happy holidays everyone!
    Last edited by GrayShade; 22 December 2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayShade View Post
      bridgman sorry for pinging you here (it's all right if you don't have time/don't care to look into it), but are you aware of any issues with the memory clock not going lower than 1000 MHz on Radeon 6000 cards? That's not great for power consumption.
      I don't know of any general issues. I suspect it's display mode dependent. The blanking time needs to be long enough to accommodate changing the mclk, if it's not, you'll see artifacts or flickering on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

I don't know of any general issues. I suspect it's display mode dependent. The blanking time needs to be long enough to accommodate changing the mclk, if it's not, you'll see artifacts or flickering on the screen.
        Hmm, for me it happens both at 4K and at 1920x1080 (and also in the text console and with the display off).

Comment

Originally posted by GrayShade View Post

Hmm, for me it happens both at 4K and at 1920x1080 (and also in the text console and with the display off).
          if it's a new problem, you can try bisecting to see which commit introduced it. Or you'll have to do your own debugging to figure out why it's happening.

Comment

Working...
          X