Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

xf86-video-ati 6.12.0 Driver With R600/700 Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Well, little question from me:

    I'm using a HIS HD 4670 IceQ Turbo 512MB (128bit) GDDR3 PCIe which seems to be modified in speed. Do I have to expcect troubles with ato or radeonhd?

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      sig 8 is a floating point exception, I'm guessing a divide by 0. It's probably in R600Composite() where we normalize the texture coordinates. I'm not sure why it would be zero though, exa shouldn't be sending pixmaps with width or height of 0.

      Does this patch help?
      http://www.botchco.com/alex/xorg/exa_zero_w_h.diff
      Nope, that doesn't seem to do anything for me.

      Edit: Also, I've noticed that (with the drm and radeon modules loaded) Songbird just won't open and the Gnome "Change Desktop Background" app causes the same crash as gnome-terminal. Debating trying another terminal, if for no other reason to try to see whats wrong with Songbird.
      Last edited by russell_h; 03-17-2009, 12:38 PM.

      Comment


      • #63
        Good news for some people (like me):

        http://www.dvhardware.net/article33781.html

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by chrisr View Post
          Good news for some people (like me):

          http://www.dvhardware.net/article33781.html
          Hopefully the right people will get one to work out any AGP issues.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by russell_h View Post
            Nope, that doesn't seem to do anything for me.

            Edit: Also, I've noticed that (with the drm and radeon modules loaded) Songbird just won't open and the Gnome "Change Desktop Background" app causes the same crash as gnome-terminal. Debating trying another terminal, if for no other reason to try to see whats wrong with Songbird.
            So I upgraded to the xorg-server-1.5.3-r5 in Portage (was on 1.3.x), and whether it was that or one of the dependencies, everything works great now.

            Tear free video is all I ever really wanted out of this card and now I've got it! Thanks again to everyone involved!

            Comment


            • #66
              It looks like xf86-video-ati 6.12.1 has been released as a small update

              It's already in Ubuntu 9.04.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Kano View Post
                @d2kx

                I see no kernel patches for drm in jaunty git, where did you get your info?
                That's because it wasn't patched then. It's now been applied.

                http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubunt...bc4e78ad819706

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                  It looks like xf86-video-ati 6.12.1 has been released as a small update

                  It's already in Ubuntu 9.04.
                  That's what I wanted to hear!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by izual View Post
                    That's what I wanted to hear!
                    (K)Ubuntu 9.04 is awesome isn't it Really impressed by their latest release (well, it isn't even released yet). The KDE side of Ubuntu is now pretty good as well. And the R6xx/R7xx EXA/Xv stuff not only works out of the box, but also very stable and bug-free for me so far.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      It's not hard to get EXA running with lenny. All you need is the updated ati driver + updated drm. As kernel 2.6.29 does not even have got the needed drm changes I made a little dkms script for that. Be sure you install dkms on Debian before, just fetch it from U.

                      http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/all/dkms/download

                      http://kanotix.com/files/fix/dkms/dr...upport-dkms.sh

                      Why should anybody need U 9.04 for that? It is not even real 3d, only xv.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X