Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How stable are the drivers for 5700 (XT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How stable are the drivers for 5700 (XT)

I have a RX 5700 running more or less stable for the last 4 Months. It runs most games on Steam without artifacts or reproducible crashes. However, I get random crashes/freezes in some games (not necessary the most demanding) and sometimes even when playing back videos in browser. I got the most crashes, when playing a game and also using Discord or Element(Riot) in the background.

Also, since putting this card into my computer, waking up from suspend stopped working.

I tried Ubuntu 20.04 and 20.10 with stock Kernel and Mainline Kernel up to 5.10 as well all Mesa Versions up to 20.3 with basically the exact same results.

I was wondering if the problem is the driver or maybe if my card is faulty.

How are your experiences with this card?

I have two Radeon RX 5700 GPU's running under linux. I have never experienced problems that are related to the GPU itself. However the first card i bought was defective and gave me systemfreezes and crashes. I got a warranty replacement for that card an since then i had no problems in that regard.

There are issues with the MESA Drivers in some native linuxgames. I have one game (Golf with your friends) that is randomly causing a complete GPU hang and systemfreeze on both of my systems. PA Titans and Last Epoch are giving me graphical glitches. It seems that your card is defective. After all i have to say that running the Radeon RX 5700 under linux was a much smoother experience then using it on Windows for many users. You should also make sure that your Mainboard BIOS is updated.

Comment

My Computer is up to date including the BIOS. Do you have any problems with resume from suspend?

Comment

I never use suspend on that system. This is a desktop pc. However i tried it and resume failed like you explained. I am not sure if this is caused by the GPU or the drivers.

Comment

I think it's very likely it's the GPU. In my case it certainly is, since before I change the GPU, suspend worked perfectly.

Comment

Tell me if there can be problems in games or still a video card, I tried to check WinDbg (X64) and checked the video card in management-journal events-the system writes errors
            The computer was rebooted after a critical error.

Comment

Working...
            X