No announcement yet.

Radeon RX 6800 Series 1440p Linux Gaming Benchmarks With 15 GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which GPU should I get for 1080p gaming?

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post
      If you are not in a hurry, you should wait for the 6700/6700XT GPUs

Comment

I have the older 5700XT which is fine for 1080p - might be an alternative if prices drop and 6X00 aren't available on the market.

Comment

Depends on the games. Like I do a bit of 1080p gaming and Radeon RX 480 with 8G of ram is quite serviceable for the games I play. Yes a 4 year old card in design does the job quite well for a lot of games.

Radeon RX 580 with 8G for something that should be in stock. 200-400AUD new is basically starting point.

Without knowing the games you want to play I cannot say if that recommendation is ideal or not. Think about it if your idea 1080p game playing is frozen bubble Intel integrated GPU is good enough. There is quite a broad spectrum for the price for 1080p GPU that will do the job good enough for a decent percentage of 1080p games.

Really 1080p gaming question is way too vague.

Comment

I kinda like the bang per buck metric; including a nominal fee for electricity.

Example: 10% less electricity for a few percent less performance, along with a lower sales price, add up to lower costs than a card having greater electrical costs (assuming other unmentioned factors, such as lifespan, etc.); finishing first matters if you can sell the time for enough to recover the difference. For the home user saving $50 per year adds up over a few years.

Comment

This is excellent results.

Now waiting for RT support in RADV? Really curious how much more juice the RADV devs will wring out of it compared to the official drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by lyamc View Post
                Michael “King of Benchmarks” Larabel

I have no idea how this one man creates the benchmarking software and runs the benchmarks AND manages this site at the same time
                Well, it starts with big, kickass corner desk.

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

Depends on the games. Like I do a bit of 1080p gaming and Radeon RX 480 with 8G of ram is quite serviceable for the games I play. Yes a 4 year old card in design does the job quite well for a lot of games.

Radeon RX 580 with 8G for something that should be in stock. 200-400AUD new is basically starting point.

Without knowing the games you want to play I cannot say if that recommendation is ideal or not. Think about it if your idea 1080p game playing is frozen bubble Intel integrated GPU is good enough. There is quite a broad spectrum for the price for 1080p GPU that will do the job good enough for a decent percentage of 1080p games.

Really 1080p gaming question is way too vague.
                  I have an RX 580 with 4GB of ram and it's perfectly fine with 1080p60 with all but the most graphically intensive games. At most I have to turn down some settings that are hard to even tell what is better or changed aside from a tanking framerate. Above that resolution an RX 580 either needs to be paired with a freesync monitor or, if on 4K, run the desktop at 4K and run intensive things at 1080p and let the monitor upscale to 4K since 1080p directly scales to 4K.

That's pretty much true of any GPU from any brand from the past 4 years that costs more than $180. A quality mid-range GPU will get the job done and it really doesn't matter what brand you buy because they're all good for 1080p these days...basically anything at the RX 470 or Nvidia 1060 level of power with at least 4GB of ram. I'd pass on the 3GB GPUs due to seeing 3.5 GBs used in games I've played like GTAV and THPS 1+2 at 1080p.

Comment

Originally posted by lyamc View Post
                    I have no idea how this one man creates the benchmarking software and runs the benchmarks AND manages this site at the same time
                    Many years spent developing PTS, Anzwix, Phodevi and all the suite that automates what is possible to automate

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

Many years spent developing PTS, Anzwix, Phodevi and all the suite that automates what is possible to automate
                      And continuous 100+ hour work weeks and Bavarian beer to boost the mood occasionally
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X