No announcement yet.

Radeon RX 6800 Series Performance Comes Out Even Faster With Newest Linux Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon RX 6800 Series Performance Comes Out Even Faster With Newest Linux Code

Phoronix: Radeon RX 6800 Series Performance Comes Out Even Faster With Newest Linux Code

Last week we delivered AMD Radeon RX 6800 / RX 6800 XT Linux benchmarks and the performance was great both for Linux gaming as well as the OpenCL compute performance. But for as good as those Big Navi numbers were on the open-source Linux graphics driver stack, they are now even better.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh Yeah!! Kick ass and take names Mesa! When there's an actual community around an open source project, nothing can beat OSS!

(The reason why amdvlk and rocm are doomed, radv and clover ftw)

Comment

I want to know what they say who said this will never happen.

Comment

2011209-FI-RX600SERI98:

You must log-in to your OpenBenchmarking.org account to view these results.
        Michael OBorg needs login to see results now? Never seen this before.

Comment

Enfant terrible birdie is brainstorming how to twist this story....... Looking forward to the outcome.
          Last edited by mppix; 23 November 2020, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Does this make the RX6800 (non-XT) the price/performance win? Would be neat to update the performance/dollar graphs.

Comment

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post
              Michael OBorg needs login to see results now? Never seen this before.
              It's optional, usually before an article is published I make them private or login-only. It's now public, just forgot to change it earlier.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Wow, and here I was thinking that the first test results were good. Makes me even more excited to get a RX 6000 GPU, but I want to wait for the 6700 (XT) released first.

Comment

Originally posted by Mershl View Post
                  Does this make the RX6800 (non-XT) the price/performance win? Would be neat to update the performance/dollar graphs.
                  Via https://openbenchmarking.org/result/...+XT+-+Mesa+New you can fill in your desired price values and see the perf-per-dollar metrics.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

It would be nice if the other distros would step up and package every thing needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X