No announcement yet.

Giving radeonhd a try...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you check whether glxinfo says that Mesa is using direct or indirect software rendering ? I'm wondering if there is some kind of (lack-of-) synchronization issue between SW 3D rendering and HW 2D/video acceleration.
    Test signature

Comment

Brigdman: Did you mean me? If yes, here is the complete output, I'm running radeonhd git + drm git (R600 branch) from today on my RS780.

In short:
      direct rendering: Yes

I did not test with radeon yet, but I think the problem does not occur there.

Thanks for your help.
      Last edited by bugmenot; 16 March 2009, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Yep, I meant you. Thanks !

EDIT - actually I originally meant highlandsun, but since you reported the same problem...

It would be interesting to try with LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT set, which would (hopefully) force any 3D calls to go through the server and be at least semi-serialized against the 2D/video HW accel operations.
        Last edited by bridgman; 16 March 2009, 05:14 PM.
        Test signature

Comment

Here is glxinfo with indirect rendering (if it's interesting):

Gonna try openoffice with indirect rendering out...

Edit: No success, still the same crash. (I started via "LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 openoffice" and then opened the file. Is that correct?) Here is the xorg.log:
          Last edited by bugmenot; 16 March 2009, 06:07 PM.

Comment

I think that's right. Thanks for trying...
            Test signature

Comment

No problem.

*I* thank *you* for the docs and so free drivers! (and of course the devs, too )

Comment

Thanks to all for pursuing this. I've been a bit preoccupied...

In the spirit of St. Patrick's Day I'd be happy to send y'all a pint of Guinness for your trouble.

Comment

Working...
                X