Clear All

• louisvd
    replied
    RPMBUILD in Infinite Loop running "bash make.sh verbose"

One more bit of information:

When I run the --buildpkg command it gets stuck with these processes:
    Code:
     3699 pts/0    S+     0:00 -bash
     3753 pts/0    S+     0:00 /bin/sh ./ati-installer.sh 8.582 --buildpkg Fedora/F10
     3777 pts/0    S+     0:00 /bin/sh ./packages/Fedora/ati-packager.sh --buildpkg F10
     3851 pts/0    S+     0:00 rpmbuild -bb --define _topdir /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-3777-root --define _builddir /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-3777-root/
     3919 pts/0    S+     0:00 /bin/sh -e /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-3777-root/tmp/rpm-tmp.uLYTPN
     3928 pts/0    R+     1:58 bash make.sh verbose
    and the last lines of /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-3777-root/ATI-fglrx_build.log shows:
    Code:
    + export AS_USER=y
    + AS_USER=y
    + pushd /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-3777-root/BUILDROOT/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1.f10.x86_64/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod
    /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-3777-root/BUILDROOT/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1.f10.x86_64/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-3777-root/BUILD/ATI-fglrx-8.582
    + bash make.sh verbose
    My question is ... WHY?

Has anyone successfully built this driver on Fedora 10 x86_64?

Leave a comment:

• louisvd
    replied
    Thank you for the reply!

Actually I have already been to that page and followed their method. I have also tried the one on the www.fedorafaq.org page. Both of them have not worked for me.

Fedora 10 boots, but shows that blue and white text block line instead of the wispy planet (Plymouth). But when it boots, the glxgears drops from about 1350 FPS to 150 FPS.

So the default boot uses OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R300 20060815 TCL giving me 1350 FPS on glxgears, but my CPU usage goes to 80% (with glxgears using 55%).

All I am asking is how to get the package to successfully build the rpm's.

Again, thanks for the reply. Any more ideas will be willingly attempted.

Louis

Originally posted by Christian_L View Post
    I guess nobody bothered to answer because these things have been discussed here multiple times before in the last months...

The fglrx developers don't really care about Fedora at all. They develop primarily for RedHat EL and Ubuntu. And with your GPU, you will soon be out of luck anyway (see recent posts about dropping support for R500 chips). If you plan to do frequent updates (like getting F11 as soon as it's out), you might just want to try whether radeon or radeonhd is already good enough for your needs.

If not, see this thread for getting the current fglrx working on your machine: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=155503

Leave a comment:

• Christian_L
    replied
    I guess nobody bothered to answer because these things have been discussed here multiple times before in the last months...

The fglrx developers don't really care about Fedora at all. They develop primarily for RedHat EL and Ubuntu. And with your GPU, you will soon be out of luck anyway (see recent posts about dropping support for R500 chips). If you plan to do frequent updates (like getting F11 as soon as it's out), you might just want to try whether radeon or radeonhd is already good enough for your needs.

If not, see this thread for getting the current fglrx working on your machine: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=155503

Leave a comment:

• louisvd
    replied
    Bad parameters passed to make.sh

Hi

Sadly nobody has replied to my request yet. But I have done more debugging and discovered the following:
    • packages/Fedora/ati-packager.sh calls rpmbuild, as described in my post above.
    • ATI-fglrx_build.log confirms that the last line it parses is
    • + bash make.sh verbose
    • when the CASE statement is executed, the only Poitional Parameter is "verbose", and so no matches occur in the case statement, and an infinite LOOP is the result.
    • the make.sh file is found in the extracted folder ATI-9.2/fglrx-install.xxxxxx/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/make.sh

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks
    Louis

Leave a comment:

• louisvd
    started a topic Catalyst 9.2 on Fedora 10 x86_64 hangs on building

Catalyst 9.2 on Fedora 10 x86_64 hangs on building

Hi

After being on F8 for a LONG time (and never updating my driver once I got it working!!) I have installed Fedora 10 x86_64. My X1300 card desperately craves the ATI driver, so I tried to install it. Using the many FAQ's with the pre-built rpm's have not been successful. So I want to build my own packages.

I have a fully patched Fedora 10 PC, running kernel 2.6.27.19-170.2.35.fc10.x86_64. I have downloaded the 9.2 Catalyst package from AMD, and extracted this. Then I downloaded the latest (2009-03-07) fglrx-packaging.git scripts from Phorogit and applied those to the extracted Fedora folder.

When I run the ati-installer.sh script, it hangs after a little disk activity and the CPU usage goes to 100%. After adding a few echo lines to the packages/Fedora/ati-packager.sh script, I have discovered that the process hangs once it hits the RPMBUILD line.

After removing the 2>&1 from the rpmbuild line, I can tell you that the last line printed to the screen before the 100% CPU occurs is:
    bash make.sh verbose
    Finally, if I make the script echo the rpmbuild line, this is what it produces:
    rpmbuild -bb --define _topdir /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-7237-root --define _builddir /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-7237-root/BUILD --define _rpmdir /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-7237-root/RPMS --define _sourcedir /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-7237-root/SOURCES --define _specdir /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-7237-root/SPECS --define _srcrpmdir /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-7237-root/SRPMS --define _tmppath /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-7237-root/tmp --define _rpmfilename %%{NAME}-%%{VERSION}-%%{RELEASE}.%%{ARCH}.rpm --target x86_64 /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-7237-root/SPECS/ATI-fglrx.spec > /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.582-1-7237-root/ATI-fglrx_build.log
    So what do I do now? Your help is GREATLY appreciated.

Louis
Working...
X