Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon doesn't work, HD3650 mobility

Hello.

Just pulled down drm and radeonhd git today, and it works flawless with 2D acceleration and XV. BUT my xrender doesn't work in kde, so no compositing yet. But I have heard the radeon is able to enable xrender for compositing.

S? I pulled the latest git of the ati driver (R600 branch), but it doesn't work. When kdm is starting, my screen is just white, with some noise to the left of the screen. After some seconds, it just reboot my computer. This behavior is the same as for half a year ago.

I can't get my Xorg.0.log file because of the reboot. Anybody know whats wrong?

Please use the master branch. r6xx-r7xx-support was merged to master for both radeon and radeonhd so all recent fixes have been happening on the master branch. Also make sure you've got the latest bits from the r6xx-r7xx-support branch of the drm.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      Please use the master branch. r6xx-r7xx-support was merged to master for both radeon and radeonhd so all recent fixes have been happening on the master branch. Also make sure you've got the latest bits from the r6xx-r7xx-support branch of the drm.
      Thx it worked. I can activate desktop effects now. But when I log out my display only show a grey screen instead of a login screen. The only option I have then, is to push the power button and the computer will turn of normally.

Another thing, is that with radeon, the fontsize is too big, so I have to force dpi 96. Its the same "problem" I have with fglrx. Radeonhd seem to detect my panel to use 96 dpi automatisk (which I prefer). Is this a bug, or just my panel which gives the driver wrong information?

Comment

BTW. Is there any difference with RadeonHD or Radeon? I mean aren't they almost the same. I have heard radeonhd supports hdmi better than radeon, is that true?

Comment

Hmmmm just tried Radeonhd with master branch. Now compositing works with renderx. My fonts are now at normal size and it works login out

Everything seems to work with radeonhd. Good job to all involved. Can't wait for 3d support.

Comment

Working...
          X