AMD Sends In Green Sardine Support For Linux 5.10, Hawaii BACO Reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Sends In Green Sardine Support For Linux 5.10, Hawaii BACO Reset

Phoronix: AMD Sends In Green Sardine Support For Linux 5.10, Hawaii BACO Reset

While the Linux 5.10 merge window passed a week and a half ago, similar to the Navi Blockchain SKU being added as a "fix", the Green Sardine enablement is also being submitted as a fix for this current kernel version...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-For-Linux-510

Cool product name.

Comment

Very funny name

Comment

I prefer Green EggsAndHam.

Comment

Originally posted by archsway View Post
          I prefer Green EggsAndHam.
          Probably copyrighted

Comment

Nothing says I'm a power gamer like a sardine.

user A: what are you running?
            user B: A Tiger Shark 3000. You?
            user A: A Green Sardine!!!
            user B: Whooaaa!!!!

Comment

The Green Sardine hardware enablement from the graphics perspective basically has the AMDGPU driver follow the Renoir/Vega code paths but with different firmware files and other minor alterations. Green Sardine might be the Linux codename for the "Cezanne" Ryzen 5000 series APUs.
              I wonder if this is the reason that the Ryzen 4000G (Zen2) line of APUs still hasn't been released for consumers ? Are they planning to go straight to Ryzen 5000G ( Zen3 ) APUs with RDNA2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Terr-E View Post
                I wonder if this is the reason that the Ryzen 4000G (Zen2) line of APUs still hasn't been released for consumers ? Are they planning to go straight to Ryzen 5000G ( Zen3 ) APUs with RDNA2 ?
                While it wasn't released directly, you can still buy them from some resellers. Also there is plenty of benchmarks on YT.

I speculate they choose not to launch the 4000 line because of supply problems with TSMC, since Renoir is in high demand for laptops, a market AMD is trying hard to gain market share.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  Phoronix: AMD Sends In Green Sardine Support For Linux 5.10, Hawaii BACO Reset

Thus the AMDGPU/AMDKFD drm-fixes from today have ... fixing suspend support on Sea Islands GPUs ... and also enabling BACO reset for Hawaii GPUs.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-For-Linux-510
                  Nice, didn't expect that until 5.11! Might have a chance to try it out before I replace my 290.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
                    Cool product name.
                    Does it come in a little tin with a screw back lid and smell bad? Can it be installed with a Saltine cracker?

GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Working...
                    X