AMD Sends In Green Sardine Support For Linux 5.10, Hawaii BACO Reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Sends In Green Sardine Support For Linux 5.10, Hawaii BACO Reset

Phoronix: AMD Sends In Green Sardine Support For Linux 5.10, Hawaii BACO Reset

While the Linux 5.10 merge window passed a week and a half ago, similar to the Navi Blockchain SKU being added as a "fix", the Green Sardine enablement is also being submitted as a fix for this current kernel version...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool product name.

Comment

Very funny name

Comment

I prefer Green EggsAndHam.

Comment

Originally posted by archsway View Post
          I prefer Green EggsAndHam.
          Probably copyrighted

Comment

Nothing says I'm a power gamer like a sardine.

user A: what are you running?
            user B: A Tiger Shark 3000. You?
            user A: A Green Sardine!!!
            user B: Whooaaa!!!!

Comment

The Green Sardine hardware enablement from the graphics perspective basically has the AMDGPU driver follow the Renoir/Vega code paths but with different firmware files and other minor alterations. Green Sardine might be the Linux codename for the "Cezanne" Ryzen 5000 series APUs.
              I wonder if this is the reason that the Ryzen 4000G (Zen2) line of APUs still hasn't been released for consumers ? Are they planning to go straight to Ryzen 5000G ( Zen3 ) APUs with RDNA2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Terr-E View Post
                I wonder if this is the reason that the Ryzen 4000G (Zen2) line of APUs still hasn't been released for consumers ? Are they planning to go straight to Ryzen 5000G ( Zen3 ) APUs with RDNA2 ?
                While it wasn't released directly, you can still buy them from some resellers. Also there is plenty of benchmarks on YT.

I speculate they choose not to launch the 4000 line because of supply problems with TSMC, since Renoir is in high demand for laptops, a market AMD is trying hard to gain market share.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  Phoronix: AMD Sends In Green Sardine Support For Linux 5.10, Hawaii BACO Reset

Thus the AMDGPU/AMDKFD drm-fixes from today have ... fixing suspend support on Sea Islands GPUs ... and also enabling BACO reset for Hawaii GPUs.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-For-Linux-510
                  Nice, didn't expect that until 5.11! Might have a chance to try it out before I replace my 290.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
                    Cool product name.
                    Does it come in a little tin with a screw back lid and smell bad? Can it be installed with a Saltine cracker?

GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Working...
                    X