No announcement yet.

RadeonSI Lands Optimization For Uber Shaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marek bridgman agd5f what difference does it make under the hood replacing uniforms with literals besides the stall commented on the news? Does it allocate VRAM differently or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post

LOL...now that's funny !! But...seriously...they DO need to classify them as employees because they are. Uber without drivers is just a company of code masturbators....like...I see you banging away on code. But for what purpose ?
      Lets be real... the only reason CA is doing anything about that is lost taxes. And the fact is that Uber *IS* just a company of coders that have an app that organizes contract work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathias View Post
        I know dolphin (GC/WII-Emulator) uses huge ubershaders. Do normal games use (comparably) big shaders?
        Dol-

You beat me to it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
          marek bridgman agd5f what difference does it make under the hood replacing uniforms with literals besides the stall commented on the news? Does it allocate VRAM differently or something like that?
          It enables to remove dead code (most of the uber shader will be useless for your given set of parameters), and thus you can better optimize the gpu code.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
            There is no stall. The only difference is better CU utilization due to lower register usage thanks to removed never-taken conditional branches.

Comment

Working...
            X