Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Delivers Many Fixes For Polaris GPUs On Linux - Finally Enables ZeroRPM Fan Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post
    oh, so you have issues with a card you bought for over a hundred dollars? just get paid 0$ spending a few tens of hours of your time fixing a multi-billion dollar company's code on an officially supported platform!

i have a 580 and i don't really have any such stability issues, but ffs can people just quit with this horrible argument?
    In fairness, dwagner has put a lot of effort into careful bug reporting, interacting with developers and testing potential fixes. I'm starting to think that there might just be a bad board causing the issues dwagner is seeing since we are having so much trouble reproducing them in-house.

EDIT - re-reading I guess your post is probably sarcastic so feel free to ignore the above. First read I thought you were criticizing dwagner.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

In fairness, dwagner has put a lot of effort into careful bug reporting, interacting with developers and testing potential fixes. I'm starting to think that there might just be a bad board causing the issues dwagner is seeing since we are having so much trouble reproducing them in-house.

EDIT - re-reading I guess your post is probably sarcastic so feel free to ignore the above. First read I thought you were criticizing dwagner.
      sorry if the intent wasn't clear. to clarify, i was just annoyed in general by people telling others to fix code themselves when they bring up an issue they have (makes sense for smaller, unpaid projects, certainly, or for detailed bug reports in this context).
      which was seemingly not the case in the end anyway because i misinterpreted what sandy said. my bad
      Last edited by AsuMagic; 23 October 2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Michael Have it been merged into linux for 5.11 at the end or not?
        I didn't see any problems but maybe I'm not in the right place to watch this! Thanks in advance

Comment

Is there a clean way to get rid of 0 RPM mode? My cooling solution does not support this feature and does not work as intended (0% PWM = 100% fan)
          * The 5.11 kernel was recently pushed out to Ubuntu 20.04
          if there is no kernel feature to disable this feature where do i file a bug report

Comment

Working...
          X