Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Delivers Many Fixes For Polaris GPUs On Linux - Finally Enables ZeroRPM Fan Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny3
    replied
    Finally !!!
    I have been complaining for months about this feature.
    A bit late, as I have found a few weeks ago that CoreCtrl can mimmick this feature with it's fan control curve.
    Anyway, nice to see that AMD listens to users' complaints and fixes annoying stuff and I hope the ZeroRPM feature will just work by default, like on Windows.
    Especially since we don't have a control panel like on Windows to enable or disable it.
    Having these features in place in the driver, hopefully that will not be too distant in the future.

Leave a comment:

• boxie
    replied
    Originally posted by khnazile View Post
    Those hundreds of kilowatts, wasted over the years by Polaris GPUs... That change is too late, polaris is dead
    polaris will be around for years to come. someone getting a cheap machine together could quite easily get a polaris GPU and have a fantastic experience under Linux!

Leave a comment:

• khnazile
    replied
    Those hundreds of kilowatts, wasted over the years by Polaris GPUs... That change is too late, polaris is dead

Leave a comment:

• Solid State Brain
    replied
    ZeroRPM mode-at last. I ended up making my own script in Python to make it behave more like it does on Windows, with the fan smoothly changing with a time-averaged GPU temperature, but also turning off below a certain threshold. Other scripts use instant GPU temperature readings, which at least on my RX480, respond too quickly to sudden load.

Leave a comment:

• AMD Delivers Many Fixes For Polaris GPUs On Linux - Finally Enables ZeroRPM Fan Mode

Phoronix: AMD Delivers Many Fixes For Polaris GPUs On Linux - Finally Enables ZeroRPM Fan Mode

It seems AMD's Linux graphics driver team is firing with precision on all cylinders these days. Not only have they been working on timely support for the Radeon RX 6000 "RDNA 2" / "Big Navi" Linux driver support ahead of the official launch and have the initial code already upstreamed in Linux 5.9, but they've even been going back with a number of fixes for older graphics processors...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...p-Polaris-2020
Working...
X