RadeonHD Driver Takes A Blow In Novell Layoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sreyan View Post
    Of course we'd all like to know the patents in question, since In re Bilski probably makes many of them worthless. Given that, the actual numberer of real patents that free software users can be threatened with is probably an order of magnitude smaller.

I recall at one point a bunch of big corporations agreed to use their patent portfolio as a deterrent. Other than MS suing some gps manufacturer, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    I've done some reading on Bilski, but I cant quite grasp what the implications are. I'm not a patent lawyer and unfortunately I dont understand much of the terminology being thrown around in the blogs. Is there an english interpretation in laymans terms that you can point me to?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      I've done some reading on Bilski, but I cant quite grasp what the implications are. I'm not a patent lawyer and unfortunately I dont understand much of the terminology being thrown around in the blogs. Is there an english interpretation in laymans terms that you can point me to?
      Groklaw has tons on bilski, but the article that summarizes what it means in terms of MS's patent portfolio is here:

Comment

Thats some pretty exciting stuff there. The open source world just keeps getting brighter and brighter

Comment

Working...
        X