Radeon Software for Linux 20.40 Released With RX 5300 Series Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Software for Linux 20.40 Released With RX 5300 Series Support

Phoronix: Radeon Software for Linux 20.40 Released With RX 5300 Series Support

AMD released an updated Radeon Software for Linux packaged driver at the end of September that went seemingly unnoticed. Only today when seeing "20.40" firmware binaries hitting the linux-firmware.git tree was I even aware of this updated packaged AMD Radeon Linux graphics driver focused on enterprise distributions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if the PAL based OpenCL driver is deliberately disabled for Polaris based GPUs? Could bridgman or agd5f tell us whether PAL/Orca based OpenCL drivers offered by amdgpu-pro are ~the same drivers as on Windows?

Comment

Polaris GPUs use ORCA, not PAL for OpenCL on both windows and Linux. PAL support for OpenCL was introduced for vega and newer GPUs.

Comment

Thanks! So that means everything that works on Windows should also work the same on Linux with the -pro CL drivers, unless it's a specific bug?

I asked that specifically about PAL on Polaris since it used to work for at least Luxmark with older drivers, but since some driver version Polaris seems to be completely locked out (i.e. clinfo returns nothing). Not complaining, just noticed that.

Comment

Last sentence refers to 80.40 drivers, while the rest of the article refers to 20.40. Typo?

Comment

Working...
          X