• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    geearf

• geearf
    replied
    Originally posted by muncrief View Post

Oh, I see the problem, and it's a perfectly reasonable misunderstanding. The entry you reference is in the correct bug report, but it was from back in December. Alex did request that I file a different report, and that bug was subsequently fixed. And by the way that's when I had my old R9 390.

I've subsequently purchased two RX 580s (I use one for my Windows 10 VM GPU passthrough), and the problem is different. My latest entry is here:

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=204241#c68

As I said earlier the resume problem has been going on a very long time, and there are so many different bug reports it's difficult to identify the appropriate place to file. But hopefully I did it right this time!

However I always follow bug threads I'm actively engaged in, and if I screwed up again I'll be sure to file a different report if requested.
    Got it!

Leave a comment:

• muncrief

• muncrief
    replied
    Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    bug 204241 is a mess. The originally reported issue was fixed long ago. I would have closed it long ago, but since kernel bugzilla tickets can only be closed by the reporter or a admin, they tend to stay open forever because most reporters forget to close them.
    I just filed a new bug for the current resume issue at https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=209457

Leave a comment:

• MadeUpName

• MadeUpName
    replied
    Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

the amd driver support is and always was bad, bug in their drivers for many years, I'm thinking what laptop I should buy a intel with xe grapfics or a apu, but looking this things I probably will buy a intel one, lesse performance in games but better drivers
    The Zen 3 launch is Oct 8. You might want to wait and see what it will deliver. AMD seems pretty excited about this batch of APUs vs Intel's new launch .

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    X.Org ATI Driver Developer

• agd5f
    replied
    bug 204241 is a mess. The originally reported issue was fixed long ago. I would have closed it long ago, but since kernel bugzilla tickets can only be closed by the reporter or a admin, they tend to stay open forever because most reporters forget to close them.

Leave a comment:

• muncrief

• muncrief
    replied
    Originally posted by geearf View Post

Maybe I'm misunderstanding then, but I was referring to this: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=204241#c49
    Oh, I see the problem, and it's a perfectly reasonable misunderstanding. The entry you reference is in the correct bug report, but it was from back in December. Alex did request that I file a different report, and that bug was subsequently fixed. And by the way that's when I had my old R9 390.

I've subsequently purchased two RX 580s (I use one for my Windows 10 VM GPU passthrough), and the problem is different. My latest entry is here:

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=204241#c68

As I said earlier the resume problem has been going on a very long time, and there are so many different bug reports it's difficult to identify the appropriate place to file. But hopefully I did it right this time!

However I always follow bug threads I'm actively engaged in, and if I screwed up again I'll be sure to file a different report if requested.

Leave a comment:

• geearf

• geearf
    replied

I just checked the bug report again and don't see any message from anyone asking me to file a new bug report
    geearf
    geearf . Can you please let me know where you're seeing this message? Thank you.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding then, but I was referring to this: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=204241#c49

Leave a comment:

• muncrief

• muncrief
    replied
    Originally posted by geearf View Post

But Alex did tell you to create a different report.
    I just checked the bug report again and don't see any message from anyone asking me to file a new bug report
    geearf
    geearf . Can you please let me know where you're seeing this message? Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Seems clueless users like to prematurely blame AMD for every issue their systems show. Perhaps Linux is not the right OS for them, which they of course refuse to accept...

Leave a comment:

• Apoll

• Apoll
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    because that requires some brain work, while buying intel doesn't
    muahahaha good one.

Leave a comment:

• geearf

• geearf
    replied

The resume issue has been going on for a very long time, and jumps around from configuration to configuration, with patches working for some and not others.

If the maintainers of the bug believe a new bug should be started it is their responsibility to say so, and that have not.
    But Alex did tell you to create a different report.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X