No announcement yet.

AMD Dimgrey Cavefish and VanGogh Support Lands In Radeon Linux OpenGL Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Dimgrey Cavefish and VanGogh Support Lands In Radeon Linux OpenGL Driver

Phoronix: AMD Dimgrey Cavefish and VanGogh Support Lands In Radeon Linux OpenGL Driver

The latest enablement work landing in the RadeonSI Gallium3D open-source driver is for AMD Dimgrey Cavefish and VanGogh...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good to see AMD is doing a full refresh of the lineup. We have now 3 fishes.

Comment

typo: API -> APU

Comment

Okay. "Dimgrey Cavefish" -- I've done some spelunking and can relate to that. Keep us posted!

Comment

I'm confused, as I usually am

Is VanGogh finally going to enable me to have a Linux based home theater that can play protected content?

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
            I'm confused, as I usually am

Is VanGogh finally going to enable me to have a Linux based home theater that can play protected content?
            You shouldn't need to wait for Van Gogh, although given all the hate we get whenever we work on protected content support (see Michael's article on TMZ) it's never clear what will happen until someone says "hey it works".
            Last edited by bridgman; 22 September 2020, 11:40 PM.
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

You shouldn't need to wait for Van Gogh except maybe for AV1 support, although given all the hate we get whenever we work on protected content support (see Michael's article on TMZ) it's never clear what will happen until someone says "hey it works".
              Any idea if browsers & other userspace stack need to be certified too for Widevine or if they can just piggyback on the hardware implementation being certified?

Comment

Speaking of fish and color, the other day I ordered some blackened salmon and the receipt had "black end salmun" written on it.

Michael
                next-gen mobile API
                Did you mean APU?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

You shouldn't need to wait for Van Gogh except maybe for AV1 support, although given all the hate we get whenever we work on protected content support (see Michael's article on TMZ) it's never clear what will happen until someone says "hey it works".
                  People: I'd like to watch 1080p and better streams.

AMD: We're doing what we can to make more proprietary stuff work.

People: DRM & HDCP & Telemetry? WTF AMD!

AMD:

Comment

Originally posted by BNieuwenhuizen View Post

Any idea if browsers & other userspace stack need to be certified too for Widevine or if they can just piggyback on the hardware implementation being certified?
                    My understanding is that you will need a fairy locked down platform. E.g., embedded platforms, or android platforms, or chromebooks. That said, I'm not really a widewine expert.

Comment

Working...
                    X