Radeon ROCm 3.8 Released With Hipfort For Fortran On GPUs, Data Center Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon ROCm 3.8 Released With Hipfort For Fortran On GPUs, Data Center Tool

Phoronix: Radeon ROCm 3.8 Released With Hipfort For Fortran On GPUs, Data Center Tool

Version 3.8 of ROCm, the Radeon Open eCosystem, is now available. This release continues making more progress on preparing the ROCm graphics compute stack for the upcoming large AMD supercomputer deployments and other data center usage...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Has there been any hint from AMD about Navi support?

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
      Has there been any hint from AMD about Navi support?
      I've asked a few people about it, they said they would look into it, but have never gotten any response back to date.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Well apparently it's been working for about 2 weeks now.. https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/ROCm/issues/887

It isn't 100% stable but it is working. Perhaps some benchmarks are in order assuming you can get them to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
          Well apparently it's been working for about 2 weeks now.. https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/ROCm/issues/887

It isn't 100% stable but it is working. Perhaps some benchmarks are in order assuming you can get them to complete.
          This is for OpenCL, yes. But not for rocblas or MIOpen and thus tensorflow.

I got my R470 work with tf for simple networks but as soon as it gets a little more deep strange things happens and learning doesn't start (issue reported for MiOpen, but not heard back). But if it works out seems quite fast. Oh, and works with upstream kernel from Arch, which is nice. So I'm positive they will eventually get there, especially since they need it working for CDNA2.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post

This is for OpenCL, yes. But not for rocblas or MIOpen and thus tensorflow.

I got my R470 work with tf for simple networks but as soon as it gets a little more deep strange things happens and learning doesn't start (issue reported for MiOpen, but not heard back). But if it works out seems quite fast. Oh, and works with upstream kernel from Arch, which is nice. So I'm positive they will eventually get there, especially since they need it working for CDNA2.
            You mean RX470... I wonder if the particular workload you are attempting is running out of vram?

In any case the rest will follow, and pytorch is being worked on also and should be close or working already. Also I agree, I expect CDNA to be quite similar to RDNA just optimized for compute.
            Last edited by cb88; 21 September 2020, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post

You mean RX470... I wonder if the particular workload you are attempting is running out of vram?
              Possibly, but it shouldn't. It's 1D data, about 90.000 parameters to train. Just lots of convolution. My guess would me memory fragmentation, but who knows.

Since the data is not public, I made a self contained minimal example with a simpler architecture yielding the same error. In case you're interested :
              It would seem I'm having trouble with MIOpen in Tensorflow on my R470 GPU. I'm using ArchLinux, rocm-3.7 and kernel 5.8 (mainline). Although I'm using the rocm port of tensorflow, this looks like a...

Comment

does it work for RENOIR now or still freezes your whole PC on doing any CL workload (clinfo is enough)?

Comment

Originally posted by lumks View Post
                  does it work for RENOIR now or still freezes your whole PC on doing any CL workload (clinfo is enough)?
                  That was apparently not a renoir specific bug but all the APUs.

HI, i bought PIcasso R5 laptop. i have tried ROCm to install Ubuntu 18.04. when i check up command as[ /opt/rocm/bin/rocminfo ], it works well. but [ /opt/rocm/opencl/bin/x86_64/clinfo ] not workin...

Comment

Didn't they say that 4000 series works?

Comment

Working...
                    X