Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon GPU Profiler 1.8 Released With Redesigned Developer Panel

Phoronix: Radeon GPU Profiler 1.8 Released With Redesigned Developer Panel

AMD today released a new version of their Radeon GPU Profiler utility for Linux and Windows systems for profiling games/applications on Radeon graphics hardware under both Linux and Windows...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't like when UIs get extra fat.....

Comment

There is partial support for RGP for RADV. Bas/Samuel have worked on it.

Comment

So it doesn't even work with amdvlk? I thought it should, since Stadia is supposed to be be relying on it.

And weren't there radv patches to make it work with Radeon Profiler?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I don't like when UIs get extra fat.....
          This is a very common thought for the keyboard warriors. It explains why elitists like being elitists. With these standard, conservative values, computers can be attempted to stay away from being too popular.

Last century, GUI, memory, CPU & other computer stuff was very undeveloped, compared to now. Benchmarks, costs of all kinds were very important. This "Radeon" stuff is very new, where those childhood traumas have long been forgotten. Eventually Linux might be allowed to migrate to the world of standard GUI humans. Until then Windows, Apple & Android will continue dominating the mobile & desktop. Everyone can be happy perhaps. Tradition continues?

Comment

Originally posted by gregzeng View Post

This is a very common thought for the keyboard warriors. It explains why elitists like being elitists. With these standard, conservative values, computers can be attempted to stay away from being too popular.

Last century, GUI, memory, CPU & other computer stuff was very undeveloped, compared to now. Benchmarks, costs of all kinds were very important. This "Radeon" stuff is very new, where those childhood traumas have long been forgotten. Eventually Linux might be allowed to migrate to the world of standard GUI humans. Until then Windows, Apple & Android will continue dominating the mobile & desktop. Everyone can be happy perhaps. Tradition continues?
            I thought tildearrow was complaining about the large padding on the menu items, which is often an issue on some toolkit themes.

Comment

With this elitism still going on by the majority of linux desktop-related developers, the danger is that Linux will eventually become just a toy inside windows 10 (wsl). Everyone will run it there for doing cli/server related work and the desktop ui stuff will long be forgotten ...

Comment

Did you read my post? I never said GUIs are a waste of time.
                Actually, a GUI is beneficial for Average Joe to perform its task without having to take a lengthy course.

What I was talking about, is what GrayShade said.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Did you read my post? I never said GUIs are a waste of time.
                  Actually, a GUI is beneficial for Average Joe to perform its task without having to take a lengthy course.

What I was talking about, is what GrayShade said.
                  I though you were referring to the UI padding too.

Comment

Working...
                  X