Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDVLK 2020.Q3.5 Vulkan Driver Released With Several Game Fixes

Phoronix: AMDVLK 2020.Q3.5 Vulkan Driver Released With Several Game Fixes

AMD has kicked off the new week with the release of AMDVLK 2020.Q3.5 as their official open-source Radeon Vulkan driver for Linux systems derived in part from the same sources as their Windows Vulkan driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by SilverFox
    Will look forward to seeing those numbers, As i am planning a GPU upgrade. I want to switch from nvidia to amd so at the minute it's either the 5700xt, Navi2 or a 3070. The only thing holding me back from switching is my monitor, Which is G-sync and not on NVIDIA free sync compat list.
    I'm looking for a GPU upgrade from a GTX1070 to either a RX 5700XT or RTX2070 Super 2nd. hand. Prices are now between EUR.275 and EUR.350 in the NL. I'll wait till they drop even more

Comment

Will look forward to seeing those numbers, As i am planning a GPU upgrade. I want to switch from nvidia to amd so at the minute it's either the 5700xt, Navi2 or a 3070. The only thing holding me back from switching is my monitor, Which is G-sync and not on NVIDIA free sync compat list.
      A few months ago I took the plunge and bought a "cheap" 21:9 curved freesync gaming monitor. $300 for a computer monitor is expensive to me since I squeeze my pennies and nickels so tight Lincoln and Jefferson regret ever being president. But I have to say it was well worth it. I can uncheck V-sync on every game and see no screen tearing. So it is is a big performance boost in that sense.

Comment

Looking forward to the detroit become human fix, as i could play the first 20-30% of that game, afterwards it crashes reliably on one particular scene inside a ship.. .. Bought 64gig RAM to start it in the first place (shade compiler needs A LOT of ram)

Edit: seems like the issue with Detroid become human was in mesa and it got fixed 1 week ago , the game uses the vulkan api in an invalid way, on windows this seems to work fine, however on linux it crashes the driver. something regarding fences and submission to the GPU... They implemented a workaround in mesa.

Game uses a fraction of the memory now, guess there was a memory leak caused by this as well.
        Last edited by Spacefish; 14 September 2020, 03:23 PM.

Comment

that's good to know dr.righteous thanks for the info, think i'm ready to take the plunge into amd land, i'll wait till big navi 2 and weigh up my options. Give me a reason to go dual monitor if i can persuade the wife
          My monitor had to be a early birthday present to myself.
          I wouldn't say my system is anywhere near "high end" but considering everything it holds it own on this tough benchmark.

Last edited by Dr. Righteous; 14 September 2020, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X