No announcement yet.

RADV Lands "Big Page" Optimization For Navi 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocm support for things like F@H would be nice as well. Some like contributing to the Covid19 research among other things.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

I wonder if AMD's flagship will be able to beat Nvidia this time?

I guess competitors usually somehow get reliable specs from each other before release.
      Nvidia presenting their new lineup ahead AMD somehow gives the impression like

"If we can't beat them we have to be first at least".

Guess, I'll be totally wrong on this.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
        Rocm support for things like F@H would be nice as well. Some like contributing to the Covid19 research among other things.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          At this rate it seems like they will. I just hope they have something competitive with the RTX 3000 series, because at this rate it's looking like that might not be the case.
          If they crank up the power like Nvidia I think they can manage. To match the 3080 at least.

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
            Well AMD will beat the RTX 3070 for slightly less money I have little doubt. The question is whether they can match or beat the RTX 3080
            I agree - I think it is highly likely they will compete with the 3070. And for me, that should be good enough. The 3070 (on paper) is better than the 2080 Ti, which is already a solid 4K-ready GPU, so if AMD releases something roughly as good as the 3070 but for a lower price, that's very enticing to me. I'm very happy with AMD's Linux support, so I'd much rather go for them, if they're competitive enough.

There is also the idea that Nvidia's prices are weirdly low because Navi 2 might actually be super competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
              I wonder if AMD's flagship will be able to beat Nvidia this time?

I guess competitors usually somehow get reliable specs from each other before release.
              Nvidia presenting their new lineup ahead AMD somehow gives the impression like

"If we can't beat them we have to be first at least".

Guess, I'll be totally wrong on this.
              I think that depends on if you consider Nvidia's 3080 or 3090 to be the flagship. I think that Nvidia is cheating by calling it a 3090 instead of a Titan, so it shouldn't count.

Another question is memory bandwidth. From something I heard from an acquaintance who works in the GPU business, there's some kind of memory magic in Nvidia GPUs that AMD either can't use or doesn't know. AMD has to use HBM2 to get the same results Nvidia got out of GDDR5. And now Nvidia has doubled their previous RAM bandwidth with their PAM4 signal encoding.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Fodrek View Post
                Was this content of original release plan or is it reaction for nVidia RTX 3000 series launch?
                do you understand your question? what this? hardware implementation or patch authored by valve employee?

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
                  Well AMD will beat the RTX 3070 for slightly less money I have little doubt. The question is whether they can match or beat the RTX 3080
                  that question is only valid for (potential)3080 customers. for majority who wouldn't buy 3080 anyway this question is moot

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    do you understand your question? what this? hardware implementation or patch authored by valve employee?
                    My fault This is not AMDVLK but RADV

Comment

Working...
                    X