Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Older Radeon GPUs With RADV Vulkan Driver Now Have Trap Handler For Helping Catch Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older Radeon GPUs With RADV Vulkan Driver Now Have Trap Handler For Helping Catch Issues

Phoronix: Older Radeon GPUs With RADV Vulkan Driver Now Have Trap Handler For Helping Catch Issues

The Mesa Radeon Vulkan driver "RADV" has seen an initial trap handler implementation for helping to more easily catch and diagnose various issues stemming from Vulkan shaders...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there any performance loss in using that variable almost always?

Comment

I don't know, I haven't tried to benchmark with the trap handler enabled yet (though it probably reduces perf a little bit).

Note that this debug feature is still experimental and only GFX8 is supported atm.

Comment

Originally posted by hakzsam View Post
        I don't know, I haven't tried to benchmark with the trap handler enabled yet (though it probably reduces perf a little bit).

Note that this debug feature is still experimental and only GFX8 is supported atm.
        Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X