Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDVLK 2020.Q3.4 Released With Image Robustness Support, Fixes

Phoronix: AMDVLK 2020.Q3.4 Released With Image Robustness Support, Fixes

AMD engineers responsible for their official Vulkan driver code-base have issued their first updated open-source snapshot in two weeks for AMDVLK fans...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So now that this is the Stadia driver I'm getting the feeling that development has picked up the pace...

I would really like to know if Stadia uses Wine or perhaps even Proton. :-)

Comment

ernstp As RADV is developed by Google / Valve engineers, I doubt that Google uses AMDVLK for Stadia.

Comment

1-) Ghost Recon Breakpoint tuning is not about SteamPlay at all , Breakpoint is available on Stadia and offers VLK renderer on PC build too.

2-) Stadia uses AMDVLK. Which is the same driver they use on Windows as well , minus prop compiler. AMDVLK relies on LLVM.

3-) You can see the Stadia stack here.

Stadia ❤️ Open Source. Stadia has 14 repositories available. Follow their code on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
          ernstp As RADV is developed by Google / Valve engineers, I doubt that Google uses AMDVLK for Stadia.
          Valve works on RADV yes, but I haven't heard anything about Google working on it... ? And Valve and Google are really competitors here.

Google works with AMD and the Vulkan driver AMD provides is AMDVLK. I saw it referenced in a tweet by a game porter recently, perhaps Icculus had liked the tweet or something but I can't find it now...

Comment

Here's a developer talking about porting Celeste to Stadia and using AMDVLK: https://icculus.org/finger/flibitiji...&time=16-06-17

Comment

ernstp Bas Nieuwenhuizen is a Google engineer working on RADV and one of the main contributors there - so I assumed Google would like to have the control of their vulkan driver stack and use it for Stadia instead of AMDVLK. As it is developed in a more open way than AMDVLK I also wonder why they took this decision and keep investing into RADV. But thanks for the hints guys, I didn't know that AMDVLK is used in such an important role.
              Last edited by ms178; 21 August 2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Any Radv vs amdvlk benchmarks coming up?

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                  2-) Stadia uses AMDVLK. Which is the same driver they use on Windows as well , minus prop compiler. AMDVLK relies on LLVM.
                  Now imagine if AMDVLK could use ACO...

Comment

ernstp Bas Nieuwenhuizen is a Google engineer working on RADV and one of the main contributors there - so I assumed Google would like to have the control of their vulkan driver stack and use it for Stadia instead of AMDVLK. As it is developed in a more open way than AMDVLK I also wonder why they took this decision and keep investing into RADV. But thanks for the hints guys, I didn't know that AMDVLK is used in such an important role.
                    Google has professional contracts with Stadia and AMD exclusively and if you think AMD would authorize RADV over their custom solutions for Google only, think again.

Comment

Working...
                    X