Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navi 2 Fixes, Other Graphics/Display Fixes Sent In For Linux 5.9

Phoronix: Navi 2 Fixes, Other Graphics/Display Fixes Sent In For Linux 5.9

Following all of the feature updates to the open-source GPU/DRM drivers for Linux 5.9 that included a lot of new material, the first batch of fixes have now been sent in for mainline in addressing early fallout from these many changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can I please have Freesync support on HDMI?

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk View Post
      Can I please have Freesync support on HDMI?
      They won't ever do that, because then their competition can see how it works and implement the HDMI signalling part themselves, thus depriving them of the exclusivity of Freesync. Same with NVIDIA and GSync.

Honestly, just get something with DisplayPort AdaptiveSync support, that way you can use it regardless of which GPU you use.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

They won't ever do that, because then their competition can see how it works
        who is the competition? I thought freesync was open source..

I'm using DisplayPort but HDMI works better, displayport has this flicker and used to drop out occasionally until I got a better cable. Also freesync on HDMI is further progress towards the goal of "everything works on Linux"

Comment

I thought there was an experimental driver that added freesync over HDMI?

Comment

Working...
          X