Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 20.Q3 Released For Linux

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 20.Q3 Released For Linux

    Phoronix: Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 20.Q3 Released For Linux

    AMD has released their Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 20.Q3 driver as their quarterly update to this enterprise-rated driver for their professional/workstation graphics offerings. In step with the new Windows driver release is also the 20.Q3 packaged Linux driver for enterprise distributions including RHEL/CentOS 8.1, RHEL/CentOS 7.8, Ubuntu 18.04.4, and SUSE SLED/SLES 15...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Software-20-Q3

  • #2
    a(n) old surprise
    jut 8.1

    Comment


    • #3
      This is still a bit sad ... Ubuntu 20.04 out of the box on Polaris gpu gives nice tear free youtube, mpv works out of the box on 4k60, everything perfect ...
      Then you decide you want to play ai go, you need opencl, install this thing ... and you get visible tearing in youtube, mpv.conf needs serious magic to work again with 4k60, desktop randomly goes black for a moment ... But at least you can play ai go. Or edit videos with gpu acceleration. Or anything else using opencl. Pity ...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pegasus View Post
        This is still a bit sad ... Ubuntu 20.04 out of the box on Polaris gpu gives nice tear free youtube, mpv works out of the box on 4k60, everything perfect ...
        Then you decide you want to play ai go, you need opencl, install this thing ... and you get visible tearing in youtube, mpv.conf needs serious magic to work again with 4k60, desktop randomly goes black for a moment ... But at least you can play ai go. Or edit videos with gpu acceleration. Or anything else using opencl. Pity ...
        You don't need to install the entire pro package to use the opencl parts of it. You can install only the opencl part, while keeping the mesa and other open parts.

        For example on Arch/derivatives find it here :
        https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/opencl-amd/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by digitalsin View Post

          You don't need to install the entire pro package to use the opencl parts of it. You can install only the opencl part, while keeping the mesa and other open parts.

          For example on Arch/derivatives find it here :
          https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/opencl-amd/
          lol they should offer that as an official package "OpenCL only"

          Comment


          • #6
            We basically do, but we need to make it more clear in the instructions. I think it used to be more clear in the past but not 100% sure.

            Comment


            • #7
              @anyone:

              I'm looking to buy a WX 5100 card.

              Any user experiences on Debian stable (as it's not officially supported) ?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                We basically do, but we need to make it more clear in the instructions. I think it used to be more clear in the past but not 100% sure.
                Y'all do. This is literally one mouse scroll down in the amdgpu-install script.

                Code:
                Options:
                -h|--help Display this help message
                --dryrun Print list of packages to install and exit
                --px (DEPRECATED) PX platform support
                --version=VERSION Install the specified driver VERSION
                --pro Install "pro" support (legacy OpenGL and Vulkan)
                --opencl=legacy Install legacy OpenCL support
                --opencl=pal Install PAL OpenCL support
                --opencl=legacy,pal Install both legacy and PAL OpenCL support
                --headless Headless installation (only OpenCL support)
                --no-dkms Do not install amdgpu-dkms package
                --no-32 Do not install 32 bit support
                --compute (DEPRECATED) Equal to --opencl=legacy --headless
                --uninstall Uninstall the amdgpu driver

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ossuser View Post
                  I'm looking to buy a WX 5100 card.
                  That's what I have, it's essentially the same as rx560, with more memory and outputs. Only thing that I found confusing is that fan curve is set to keep the card at 84 degrees, which I find a bit hot. So you might want to tweak that to your taste. See here how: https://www.maketecheasier.com/overclock-amd-gpu-linux/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pegasus View Post
                    That's what I have, it's essentially the same as rx560, with more memory and outputs. Only thing that I found confusing is that fan curve is set to keep the card at 84 degrees, which I find a bit hot. So you might want to tweak that to your taste. See here how: https://www.maketecheasier.com/overclock-amd-gpu-linux/
                    Thanks !

                    You're also on Debian, and using the official drivers ?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X