Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xf86-video-ati 6.11.0 Driver Released

Phoronix: xf86-video-ati 6.11.0 Driver Released

Just a week ago there was a new release candidate for the xf86-video-ati driver, but today the ATI 6.11.0 driver has been officially unveiled. Worth noting in this open-source X.Org driver update is a CRTC/output/encoder rework and Render extension repeat mode fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i found this bit interesting
    6.12.0 will be soon to follow with accel support for r6xx/r7xx chips

how soon is soon

Comment

Hopefully this one together with newest drm will not hardfreeze my system like it does with every driver version so far on my RV770Pro. RadeonHD works fine. agd5f said he fixed severals hangs if you have got both updated (radeon/drm), so I assume it will.

Comment

R700?

3D acceleration for RV770? I'm still dreaming it would come true...

Comment

Any progress on power management for laptop chips?

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            Hopefully this one together with newest drm will not hardfreeze my system like it does with every driver version so far on my RV770Pro. RadeonHD works fine. agd5f said he fixed severals hangs if you have got both updated (radeon/drm), so I assume it will.
            Please try ati git master (make sure you have 42492c70c481c88911337eefb97ba9d030adf7b6).

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
              Please try ati git master (make sure you have 42492c70c481c88911337eefb97ba9d030adf7b6).
              Well, it did not help. But that was without latest drm and with Xserver 1.4.2 (Debian/sid, will get uptodate again very soon). Mmh.

Comment

Originally posted by korpenkraxar View Post
                Any progress on power management for laptop chips?
                I don't think so but i bet this has a high priority after 3D Support and after this comes hw video acceleration.

Comment

Yep. The core power management info for 5xx is already out and devs are starting to work on various implementations; we still need to write up the corresponding info for 6xx/7xx. The 7xx mobile parts are just hitting the market now (M9x) but there are 6xx mobile GPUs out there now (M7x and M8x).
                  Test signature

Comment

Are the chip family names intentionally different from the card/chipset family names, to confuse competitors? It's sure confusing me.

What GPU family is in my Puma laptop, with HD3450? Which rev of these drivers has the most complete support for it now?

Comment

Working...
                    X