X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wizard69
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post

That's the goal - to get upstream support in place before launch without anyone knowing what happened
    It is great to see these new fish but when will we be hearing about: Hoplostethus atlanticus aka Orange Roughy? My greatest fear right now is that these fish will start to smell well fishy, if not released soon. We don't want Navi to be swimming with the fishes before having a chance to evolve legs to walk into our PC's.

Leave a comment:

• wizard69
    replied
    More good news from AMD. It is interesting that Arcturus was mentioned as there has been little or really nothing leaked about that lately. Hopefully Arcturus is delivered around the same time RDNA2.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
    That's a pretty impressive headline. I had zero idea what you were trying to say.
    That's the goal - to get upstream support in place before launch without anyone knowing what happened

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    I hope they will focus on video decoding too, 4K / 8K, 30 / 60 / 120 FPS, HDR and provide hardware acceleration for the most common codecs like H.264 / H.265, VP9 and AV1.
    There are a lot of people out there who do not game, but like to watch movies or videos on online platforms.
    And even for games good video hardware encoding and decoding is very important to stream or watch streams and even to play games from one computer to another in the local network with Steam's In-home streaming or whatever the feature is called.
    Hopefully this way Steam can stop forcing us to use a Windows host for playing the game and streaming it.

Leave a comment:

• NateHubbard
    replied
    That's a pretty impressive headline. I had zero idea what you were trying to say.

Leave a comment:

• AMD Sends In Navy Flounder Support, More Sienna Cichlid For Linux 5.9

Phoronix: AMD Sends In Navy Flounder Support, More Sienna Cichlid For Linux 5.9

At the end of June was the first batch of AMDGPU changes queued for DRM-Next to in turn go into the Linux 5.9 kernel when that cycle opens up in August. On Friday a second batch of feature changes for this open-source AMD Radeon kernel graphics driver was submitted...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X