"Navy Flounder" Is The Newest AMD Navi 2 GPU Being Added To The Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    Why, do you like restrictions and limitations, that the GPU vendor tells you to use your GPU only with a monitor and not a TV ?
    actually that's tv vendor telling you to use your tv only with playstation or blueray player, but not with gpu. otherwise tv would be called "monitor" and include computer video port

Comment

Originally posted by Teggs View Post
      But that's a bit offtopic, and I agree that any graphics card should provide the latest reasonable HDMI and DisplayPort standard outs, no matter what the user wants to do with it.
      what about any tv, should it provide latest reasonable hdmi and displayport inputs?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Wouldn't that make your heart work more?
        heart is largest muscle in body. it's recommended to at least walk one hour per day to keep it conditioned properly

Comment

wait... Isn't standing for too long unhealthy as well?
          don't stand for too long

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            what about any tv, should it provide latest reasonable hdmi and displayport inputs?
            That sounds like a good idea to me. I am aware that unlike new graphics cards 'new' TVs are not always produced with the latest technology, and so there are support issues that have nothing to do with a management decision, just age of the design, like expecting a Polaris card to hardware decode AV1. Also TV and monitor manufacturers seem to believe that not including one or the other input at all is acceptable, but at least there are hundreds or thousands of models to choose from, so you can find what you like. With graphics cards, if Nvidia and AMD decide not to support HDMI 2.x this year, then everyone is just out of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              actually that's tv vendor telling you to use your tv only with playstation or blueray player, but not with gpu. otherwise tv would be called "monitor" and include computer video port
              Hmm... that's interesting idea.
              I like how you reversed it, but TVs normally have also other types of inputs, if needed.
              Why can't a GPU have other types of outputs ?

There are only two standards now, what so hard for a GPU to cover both of them, both the monitors with DP and TVs with HDMI ?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

Hmm... that's interesting idea.
                I like how you reversed it, but TVs normally have also other types of inputs, if needed.
                Displayports on TVs are kind of rare.

Why can't a GPU have other types of outputs ?
                Because it's a PC and not a console, it should use PC video ports.

Comment

Edit: wait... Isn't standing for too long unhealthy as well?
                  You will have problems only if you are standing perfectly still (will cause many of the same problems that sitting causes), having a bad posture (which is still a problem, standing makes easier to keep a good posture, but you can always do it wrong too), or actually doing manual labor while standing.
                  Or if you are obese, of course. So this is probably a problem for 'Murricans. Stop being so fat first I guess.

As a general rule, whatever you do you need to always be conscious about your body, and not ignore the little pains or slight stiffness in the muscles that are tell-tale signs that you are doing something wrong. Many people go into hyperfocus mode for hours on end and stay still in completely silly positions like writing on a laptop on a desk.

Also as a general rule DO NOT stand still, either sitting or standing, change position on the chair or feet you load with your weight frequently. For me it's a natural thing, I literally cannot stay still, I feel I'm getting stiff and I have to move. Teachers loved me.

Comment

How in the name of jeezus my posts in this thread get moderated?
                    unapproved post for tildearrow

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      How in the name of jeezus my posts in this thread get moderated?
                      unapproved post for tildearrow
                      I just approved your post :>

Perhaps the health references are somehow tricking the spam filter.

Comment

Working...
                      X