Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by humbug View Post
    What I said was below.
    I hope AMD can reflect on why the Linux community moved away in these two instances.
    well, amd can't reflect on products of your imagination. and you still didn't answer what result you expect out of it
    Last edited by pal666; 19 June 2020, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
      Honestly, I dont't get your point.
      I really didn't have a point. I wasn't trying to argue anything.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        well, amd can't reflect on products of your imagination. and you still didn't answer what result you expect out of it
        Presumably the result he hopes for would be future AMD development done in a way less likely to cause alternative projects to spring up in competition? No one likes fragmentation.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
          Presumably the result he hopes for would be future AMD development done in a way less likely to cause alternative projects to spring up in competition? No one likes fragmentation.
          well, that's exactly what i mentioned: by not developing linux driver you can't get fragmentation. but apparently it's not good enough and he needs tooth fairy

Comment

well, that's exactly what i mentioned: by not developing linux driver you can't get fragmentation. but apparently it's not good enough and he needs tooth fairy
            What??? I have no idea what you're going on about, but it seems like you're trying to start an argument so I'll just bow out here.

Comment

LOL I told you what result I hope for
              "I hope AMD can reflect on why the Linux community moved away in these two instances."

That's the result. Beyond that maybe you are projecting based on previous arguments you have had on the Internet with other people.

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
              Basically AMD has their own priorities and very good reasons for their development direction and resource allocation. So what I said was I hope they understand well why the fragmentation happened in these two instances. Then they are better prepped for future decisions, and there are times where it is better to consolidate efforts and there may be times where it is better to fork.
              Last edited by humbug; 21 June 2020, 06:25 AM.

Comment

LOL I told you what result I hope for
                "I hope AMD can reflect on why the Linux community moved away in these two instances."

That's the result.
                so basically you hope amd spends time and produce nothing. well, i hope they will do the opposite
                So what I said was I hope they understand well why the fragmentation happened in these two instances.
                everyone knows why fragmentation happened. except you, apparently
                Then they are better prepped for future decisions, and there are times where it is better to consolidate efforts and there may be times where it is better to fork.
                they can't make resources out of sheer reflection, so nothing will change(and no, they can't just drop windows drivers to please you)

Comment

Working...
                X