Linux 5.7 Seeing Radeon FreeSync Fixes, Back-Ported Soft Recovery For Navi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.7 Seeing Radeon FreeSync Fixes, Back-Ported Soft Recovery For Navi

Phoronix: Linux 5.7 Seeing Radeon FreeSync Fixes, Back-Ported Soft Recovery For Navi

While yesterday GFX10/Navi soft recovery support was sent in to DRM-Next for Linux 5.8, today that material was sent in as a "fix" for Linux 5.7 along with a number of other AMDGPU driver alterations...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just to remind us and AMD developers, that we are still waiting for Freesync-Over-HDMI.

Comment

Great news. I recently got a Freesync monitor and i am eagerly waiting for that support to mature. Since i am using HDMI and Wayland i suppose i will have to wait a little while longer but still it is nice to see some progress.

Comment

Is there any reason not to use DP until FreeSync-Over-HDMI happens? Do your displays not support DP? Honest question.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Fox View Post
          Is there any reason not to use DP until FreeSync-Over-HDMI happens? Do your displays not support DP? Honest question.
          Some monitors don't have DP but they have FreeSync. My monitor (Dell S2418H) has Freesync but it only has HDMI and VGA.

Comment

What's the status of FreeSync with Wayland anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Fox View Post
              My model ( a Samsung 24in curved monitor) only supports HDMI. Actually, there are plenty of monitors around, still sold today, which have HDMI and D-sub ports but no DP.

Comment

user1 TemplarGR
                OK, understood. I thought (naïvely) that nowadays the majority of monitors supports DP and the last HDMI-only device is TVs.

Comment

I have big hopes about this, my 5500xt regularly crashes due to, apparently, a driver error.

Comment

HDMI is not an open standard like VESA is.

Comment

Working...
                    X