Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Announces The Radeon Pro VII

Phoronix: AMD Announces The Radeon Pro VII

AMD announced today the Radeon Pro VII workstation graphics card for $1899 USD and will begin shipping in June...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can has six mini-DP?

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
      I can has six mini-DP?
      You could has 6 a while ago. Some of the FirePro W9000 series has 6.

Speaking of which, is that the only difference between this and the Radeon VII? Also... wasn't the Radeon VII basically just a binned workstation GPU? If so, does that mean this is a bin of a bin?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post

Speaking of which, is that the only difference between this and the Radeon VII? Also... wasn't the Radeon VII basically just a binned workstation GPU? If so, does that mean this is a bin of a bin?
        I share has your thoughts on this one.

Comment

A few differences I noticed:
          1. TDP: 295W->250W, likely due to the improvements from TSMC
          2. FP64: 3.5TFLOPS -> 6.5 TFLOPS, although I'm not sure FP64 is still a thing for GPU computing...
          3. Infinity fabric for GPU P2P.

Comment

No. It supports PCIe 4.0 (3.0 on the VII) and has 1/2 rate Double Precision vs 1/4th on the VII. I wonder if it supports SRI-OV...
            Last edited by drlamb; 13 May 2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

No, PRO cards don't support SR-IOV.

Comment

Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
                A few differences I noticed:
                1. TDP: 295W->250W, likely due to the improvements from TSMC
                2. FP64: 3.5TFLOPS -> 6.5 TFLOPS, although I'm not sure FP64 is still a thing for GPU computing...
                3. Infinity fabric for GPU P2P.
                Maybe first GPU with Chiplets?

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

Maybe first GPU with Chiplets?
                  why would you think that? the chip is already a well known one and not that big, that chiplets even would make sense...

Comment

Making a pro version of an already failed product which is also on the verge of being artificially moved to artificial legacy state due to being a too old architecture.

What could go wrong? Poor Volta I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X