AMD Announces The Radeon Pro VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    I believe the Instinct MI-50 and MI-60 cards were first, and this is "next".
    As those don't have display outputs, they might not be what ernstp actually had in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Buntolo View Post
      Thanks, I'll do that when I have the time (I'm not at home for the time being, and due to the cellular reception with my cellular provider being ever more unstable, I don't have a lot of time (seriously, how does -71dBm suddenly become -108dBm, or even outright disconnect without moving the device at all? Not to mention the ~100KB/s download speed on HSPAP)).

Comment

Originally posted by moriel5 View Post
        seriously, how does -71dBm suddenly become -108dBm, or even outright disconnect without moving the device at all?
        Perhaps interference from other phones? EMI from non-radio sources? Some change in reflections or obstructions?

Worse, it's not necessarily even at your end. It could also be something close to the tower you're using.

I'm not a RF guy, but there could be reasons. Have you investigated using an external antenna? That used to be one option, but I don't even know if it works with current standards.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
          Perhaps interference from other phones? EMI from non-radio sources? Some change in reflections or obstructions?

Worse, it's not necessarily even at your end. It could also be something close to the tower you're using.

I'm not a RF guy, but there could be reasons. Have you investigated using an external antenna? That used to be one option, but I don't even know if it works with current standards.
          There are fractal pcb antennas you can buy that just stick behind the battery, but my impression of the one I had was it didn't make a perceptible difference.

Comment

coder duby229 Thanks guys, however the network that my MNO (yes, there is only one MVNO in the country, with the rest being MNOs that rely on the 4 big carriers (two of them have been sharing infrastructure since a few years ago)) relies upon, since a few years ago, has become extremely unreliable, and in my current location, their provider have the best reception, due to an antennae of theirs located within less than 250 meters away (my country has strict (sometimes pointless, due to them being rife with politics and indifference to citizens (as in, both health and new technologies being ignored, for the sake of money, and political battles) laws regarding networking, which makes independent antennaes illegal, regardless of their strength). The issues are affecting everyone here on every MNO that utilizes the same infrastructure that my MNO utilizes.

I'll be moving to the aforementioned MVNO (it relies on a different infrastructure, which has relatively good coverage here) once my family switches over (family plan), and in the meantime, I'm trying to contact the relevant people (some things here are like in an enterprise, you need to contact certain people to contact the relevant companies).
            Last edited by moriel5; 07 June 2020, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X