AMDGPU Patches Under Discussion For Better External GPU Hot Unplug Handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
    That's why I tend to watch stuff on the second monitor I've already seen a few times before. It's background noise and something to watch when I'm flying between zones or doing other things that don't require active attention to the game (most of what I'm doing in this game lets my mind wander. I'm usually not in dedicated dungeon raids that require full attention span). Whether it's a good idea to multitask like that is secondary to the fact that I'm already doing it
    I tend to classify games that don't need active attention to the game as "bad design". If I get something to entertain me it has to 100% entertain me, not 50% entertain me.

That's one of the reasons I never play MMO games, the actual interesting content I'm actually needed for and engaged with is like 10% of the overall in-game time. The rest is mindless grind that I can oversee while doing something else too and I'm already mindlessly grinding enough at my real-life job.

Haven't ever set up a multi-head scenario.
    Yeah that's very niche, and if you are alone it makes no sense to do that. I was just confused by what the ultimate goal of the other guy was.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      I tend to classify games that don't need active attention to the game as "bad design". If I get something to entertain me it has to 100% entertain me, not 50% entertain me.

That's one of the reasons I never play MMO games, the actual interesting content I'm actually needed for and engaged with is like 10% of the overall in-game time.
      It's one of the ways I'm still able to spend time with some friends that I can't see in person at the moment. Until then, I had been clean of WoW for years.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        I do kind of agree but some games I don't play regularly I do use second screen with to display game tactics guide so allowing me to play at someone decent level when I am truly out of practice with the game. The tattics screen could be 1fps and would not make any difference.

Its not exactly fun to have the AI and Human players simple kicking your tail because you have forgot something about the basic tactics how to play the game. So a game requiring absolute 100% attention I don't find exactly fun to replay. But as low as 10% I don't find fun either. ~90% attention requirement is a game I can replay down the track with a tactics guide and be decently competetive.

Comment

Working...
        X