No announcement yet.

A 3D Understanding Of ATI's R600/700 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be nice to have this in ogg/theora, and also better audio quality. Michael, I think you may need to grab a different audio recording setup somewhere, even if you can't sync it exactly from the video. It would help a lot to have clear audio.

Comment

No firefox - no ff flash grabbers.
      No link - no way to download vid without searching through the source.

It does not have to be Theora. Please just provide a link, and preferably to any other codec than flash. But even that would not be mandatory. Just a link to download it, for those without flash. In the article.

Comment

Just give us direct links to the files,so we can download the videos and play them with our favorite media player.

* Fullscreen flash in a browser runs like a dog on single core machines
        * Some users just don't want to install Flash or are using browsers that do not support JavaScript and Flash

But they all have one thing in common: standalone video players that can play those files fullscreen at full speed.
        Last edited by tuxdriver; 13 February 2009, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          While Ogg Theora's nice, it's not used much outside of the FOSS crowd right at the moment.
          So? I bet it would be very easy for Windows/Mac users to find a way to play theora if they really wanted to. Why should Linux users always cater to proprietary, closed-source software (especially on a site devoted to Linux)?

Comment

And how's Theora gonna help? H.264 is more widespread and has excellent open source implementations for both decoding as well as encoding.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              And how's Theora gonna help? H.264 is more widespread and has excellent open source implementations for both decoding as well as encoding.
              It's patent-encumbered, like most other common formats.

I think a link to the flv alongside the embedded video would be a nice gesture since Blip allows it, and ideally a second downloadable Theora if the hosting/bandwidth issues can be sorted out

(i still maintain that a phoronix bittorrent tracker would be cool for videos, but it would still require a bit of bandwidth)

Comment

Who cares if it's patent whatever. As long as you can view it, you can view it. Even this whole forum runs on VBulletin. And you're still here, no?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  Who cares if it's patent whatever. As long as you can view it, you can view it. Even this whole forum runs on VBulletin. And you're still here, no?
                  That's basically what I said - flv is practically as free as h.264 (and fine for web usage), so if I prefer not to have the burden of flash integrated into my browser, a link to the .flv would be great and apparently trivial to implement. If you want to do it Right(tm) though, you need to think about patent encumbrance.

Comment

Yeah, I'm with them. Flash is a pile of crap with anything that isn't Firefox 3 (and even then it gives me fits now and then). And Firefox 3 doesn't particularly care for my "modest" hardware. So a link to the video file (ANY type of video file) so that I can play it in a dedicated player would be great.

Comment

Here is a mpg file: http://a17.video2.blip.tv/1900000635...00_demo840.mpg

Comment

Working...
                      X