Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oyvind
    replied
    Nice to see the open source driver progressing. Hoping for a release soon with some fixes for R500-corruption issues when using EXA acceleration (yes, the bugs have all been filed ).

Leave a comment:

• Louise
    replied

got updated today as well.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    3D support is actually handled by the mesa and drm drivers, not radeon/radeonhd. The radeon/radeonhd drivers just need to initialize the drm and support the dri protocol to co-exist with the 3D driver, and that support is already there.

Mesa is the "missing link" for 3D on 6xx/7xx right now - and is what we're working on now.

Leave a comment:

• sundown
    replied
    Oh, quit whining, I had to wait 2 years for 3d! Besides, it's the other driver which will implement 3d for your boards first.

Leave a comment:

• Nille
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    I suppose this doesn't support 3D for HD4xxx boards yet?
    <?(((((<(

For HD4XXX there is current only HW Accel on a dev branch.

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    That's certainly what I want know. I'm guessing not, otherwise it would have said so.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    I suppose this doesn't support 3D for HD4xxx boards yet?

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Open-Source ATI Driver Nears New Release

Open-Source ATI Driver Nears New Release

Phoronix: Open-Source ATI Driver Nears New Release

Alex Deucher has announced a new release candidate for the next xf86-video-ati driver release. The xf86-video-ati 6.11 release has a major rework when it comes to the display output code along with a memory corruption fix for the ATI RS780 memory controller...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X